PDA

View Full Version : Melanoma Cancer Fear....Thinking I need meds again!

Em84
25-05-12, 13:28
Hi everyone*

So at the moment my anxiety is at an all time high...for most of the day in parts it's the usual shaking, feeling breathless and dizzy.....the heat prob doesn't help either.....

Since Dec I've been Ill with every virus, stomach Bug and allergy problems going and now it's all kicking off again.....

For the past 3 years my legs have been constantly itchy and I've got little scars and scabs where I obv scratch and night...I used to use sunbeds and last year I had a mole on my arm that went itchy and I scratched it where it bled...now it looks all funny....I showed a doctor 2 weeks ago and she said it looked ok but I need to see my usual doctor who has one if those mad things to have a prob look....

Ive been trying to get an appointment since and he's constantly fully booked. Today they said that he was booked all next week and away the week after.....I've been reading the Sun on the melanoma thing and now i feel stuck in a rut...I just want it looked at now....my anx is so bad about it....

My alcohol intake is bumping up again as it seems to be the only thing that calms me down a bit...

Sertraline and Citalopram never worked for me.....

If I finally see him and all clear etc I'm wondering if I should ask for something else like Prosac....? I've heard this is the weaker of the SSRIs*

I'm gonna keep calling everyday for possible cancellations but I don't know how to relax in the meantime....

I hate this whole anx thing

Worried_Male
25-05-12, 22:49
Explain these moles you're worried about. Are they smaller than the end of a pencil eraser?

southey
25-05-12, 23:28
Take some relief from the fact the doctor you saw 2 weeks ago and thought it looks OK. They don't get these things wrong and ANY suspicion it could be a Melanoma and they would send you off for further investigation quick time!

It's a good idea to keep track of your moles and look out for the signs one may be going rogue- irregular edge, multi-coloured, itching or bleeding(if you haven't scratched it), larger than 6mm etc...

The good thing is they are very treatable if caught early and doctors see thousands of moles and know when one looks iffy.

Atb,

Steve.

Jules147
26-05-12, 02:05
Asymmetry is another sign that something is amiss.