PDA

View Full Version : Upset....why can't I beat this

turnthelighton
25-05-12, 14:51
Having a bad week and so upset that my cbt techniques can't get rid of it. Been feeling breathless for over a week, tired, not sleeping and for the past two days it feels like my heart is beating outside my chest! I do suffer with hay fever and went to the docs this week who listened to my heart and chest and said all was fine. Why has HA beaten me again, so sorry to moan but all I want to do is cry.

I thought I had it beaten.

Anxious_gal
25-05-12, 15:56
The trick is to accept the symptoms and not fear them.
Just let them be there.
Shame it's not that easy though :(
I often write down my feelings and thoughts, often I learn I'm thinking very scary thoughts which is obviously making me worse .
I've been struggling with feeling breathless for ages now.
I do my best not to fight it and to breath slow and try not to think about it.
Of course when I'm distracted I don't feel breathless at all!

sazmo
25-05-12, 16:12
its a downward spiral. if you are anything like me, when I get breathless I try to concentrate on breathing correctly but this makes me focus on breathing which makes me more breathless. Does that make sense?

What helps me is distraction. I spend a lot of time playing a simple game on my phone when I am extra breathless and sometimes when I finish a game I realise I have not been quite as breathless.

Jules147
25-05-12, 17:05
Rather than focus on your breathing, count. While you are counting you are not focussing.

turnthelighton
25-05-12, 19:03
Thanks for the replies, feel like I am going to have a heart attack :-(
Need to calm down and take your tips on board

karenm1970
25-05-12, 19:20
I have had a bad week too, been breathless for best part of the week!!! Been out and cut the grass this afternoon and didnt get at all out of breath....even played football with my son.
It really is taking your mind off your breathing. x

turnthelighton
26-05-12, 17:59
Went to the park today and played with son. It's still there but not as bad, could sleep 24/7 though

anx mum
26-05-12, 21:05
Having a bad week and so upset that my cbt techniques can't get rid of it. Been feeling breathless for over a week, tired, not sleeping and for the past two days it feels like my heart is beating outside my chest! I do suffer with hay fever and went to the docs this week who listened to my heart and chest and said all was fine. Why has HA beaten me again, so sorry to moan but all I want to do is cry.

I thought I had it beaten.

Big:hugs: for you i can really understand how u feel. With me my HA keeps coming back and when it does i have no control over it at the moment im ok but last year the same as you. Sleeping can make u feel so drained then everything gets on top of u, my doc gave me sleeping pills cos i wasent sleeping. I know its hard to believe your doctor go bk if your not happy at least get some help with your sleeping. U will get better hun the times ive had this u wouldnt believe.