PDA

View Full Version : Trying to be positive

j2
25-05-12, 15:00
I am a long time sufferer of HA, 41 yrs old, male, decent shape, smoker/snuff, and not on meds. I have been having frequent bouts of feeling off balance, very stuffy head, ear pain, throat/neck pain and nausea. I am frequently hoarse and this has been going on for at least a couple of months. Occasionally food gets caught in my throat. I am very concerned about the Big C in my throat or someplace else. I have not lost any weight and sometimes I feel fine. If this was the worst case scenario wouldn't I have constant symptoms or be losing weight or not being able to exercise? I can't afford a bunch of tests as I am still in debt from the last time I thought I was dying. Anyway, if you can find the time, I would appreciate a little reassurance or just a kind word as I am really down right now and feeling hopeless.

Thanks in advance.
J2

sazmo
25-05-12, 16:20
Sounds like anxiety attacks.
Can you go to your doc and get your mind put at rest

j2
26-05-12, 15:10
I wish I could just pop into a doctor but I can't. They always want tests and the tests cost a fortune. I am feeling like I am in a fog today and that my arm muscles are so weak and tired.

Anyway, thanks to all for listening.

Jules147
26-05-12, 15:24
It's because the tests cost a fortune that the docs want them. You probably don't need them.

southey
26-05-12, 15:30
I'm sure you realise and don't like to hear it but I will say it anyway, trying to get off the tobacco is the best thing you could possibly do and I'm pretty sure your Doc would agree.

I know how hard it can be to kick the weed but maybe if you did you could put the money towards those tests? Your still young enough to greatly benefit from quitting.

Preaching over but I hope a visit to your Doc will calm your fears:)

Steve.