PDA

View Full Version : So many panic attacks

iHeart
25-05-12, 15:52
Lately I've been getting more panic attacks then usual... no matter what I try they seem to be getting worse. It's terrifying me. I get 2 or more a day... I am even having one now :weep: I don't know how much more I can take of this. It feels like I am always nervous and on the edge of a panic attack. I try to just do fun/relaxing things and still I find myself incredibly nervous. Currently I am feeling extremely anxious and I am home alone. Any advice, support, or anything would be nice right now.

sazmo
25-05-12, 16:15
Just knowing there are others out there going through the same thing can help.
I spent most of yesterday in a state of panic but today I am feeling so much better.
When I feel an attack coming on I try so hard to do things that take my mind off it. Playing a game online, weeding, sweeping....just anything

thinking of you

iHeart
25-05-12, 16:38
I usually play video games or talk to people. Sometimes I can stop it fast, but I am still having a panic attack currently. :/ It's probably being home alone that's bothering me right now.

sazmo
25-05-12, 18:35
I cant bear being alone. If my partner is with me things are so much easier.

markiemark
27-05-12, 09:41
iHeart rest assured you are not alone.
I am in the same boat as you are. When I am alone in the house, my panic attacks seem to get worse. But what you need to remember is that you are not in any form of danger. When it passes, you feel a lot better, so I suggest you think about that when your next attack occurs. Simply look forward of feeling better and it might do the trick.
Do your breathing exercises and talk to yourself out loud and repeatedly say that you are ok and nothing terrible is going to happen. This is what I do and it does work.
Distractions are always helpful too. What I do is look at old photos on my living room wall, I try to re-live those moments. This gets my mind off the attack and calms me down.

grotbags
27-05-12, 10:54
I go through phases where I feel I am having a constant panic attack. Constantly on edge like you describe, with several (or more) full blown panic attacks per day. It is horrible. I'm not sure that there's much than can be done, apart from using meds, but in my experience it does seem to burn itself out, or run its course. I was like you describe last autumn. It was exhausting and it took me a while to get my confidence back once it stopped, but it did stop eventually.

Now might be a good time to start making positive changes to your diet/exercise regime if you're not already? Maybe add a few supplements - fish oils, vitamins, any amino acids that you feel might be of benefit. Magnesium. Someone on here told me about salt baths with epsom salts which are a good way of getting magnesium, and they're relaxing :)

toshtao
27-05-12, 16:27
I suggest going for a walk and getting fresh air. Or, perhaps you are not socializing enough, and need some human interaction. Regardless, it is clear that your body is telling you for change in some shape or form.

I can almost guarantee you once you do something different than what you are doing now you will see positive results.