PDA

View Full Version : did you see this programme.

benoo5
20-05-04, 23:07
ive just watched a documentary on BBC tonight...it was about problems within relationships...one of the couples,a young lady,who to be honest,acted toward her partner,really badly...she would snap at him,at every given opportunity,she really was on a short fuse!

the reason ime writing this,is because,as a last resort,she agreed to see a therapist,he tried a type of meditation with her,but to no avail,he then said ide like to try THOUGHT FIELD THERAPY with you.

after showing her,how to use it for her benefit,i was really surprised to see her actually using the technique at home....within a week,the difference in the lady was remarkable...the BBC to their credit,did a follow up six months later,and out of four couples filmed,her relationship was the only one to improve.

nicola has put a link to THOUGHT FIELD THERAPY, and also to the EMOTIONAL FREEDOM TECHNIQUE on the home page..please have a look,and give it a try...its been well documented,that it is very successful regards anxiety/depression/panic.

best wishes.....bryan.

twister
22-05-04, 12:58
I didn't see this programme but be wary about this and other techniques which are often expensive. I looked it up and there has been a lot of controversy about its effectiveness and agressive promotion. There was even an issue of the Journal of Clinical Psychology dedicated to it where they concluded there was no evidence for its effectiveness.

See this website for further info

http://www.geocities.com/pseudoscience_2000/

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

imported_n/a
22-05-04, 19:59
hey hi bryan,

when i saw an hypnotherapist and he said i was far too anxious to go under as it were he did that emotional freedom thingy on me and it was really odd the feelings cause i actually felt some benifits from it,,so he gave me a sheet on how to do it myself and yeah when i am perticulary bad i do use it and it isnt bad at all,,ok bryan ,,,
darren
well what can you say emily ""dont knock something until you have tried it""":)
""HAPPINESS IS ALWAYS THERE UNDERNEATH THE ANGER AND DESPAIR""

nomorepanic
22-05-04, 20:39
Quite a few people on here have benefitted from it so if it works then that is good.

It is non intrusive, does not cost anything (you can download the manual free) and does not involve drugs.

So if it works for you then don't knock it like Darren says.

Nicola

twister
22-05-04, 20:57
If it's free then it can't hurt to try you're right. I just find it hard to believe their statement

quote:Most individuals experience significant, usually complete, relief from their problem within a few minutes

They also say it has a 98% success rate

If it is so amazing why aren't we all cured!

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

nomorepanic
22-05-04, 21:10
Em

Probably cos a lot of us have never tried it - I certainly haven't! Have you?

There is a post on here from someone that said it really helped him so I guess we have to believe him.

Nicola

benoo5
22-05-04, 21:17
its taken a lifetime,for accupuncture,to be accepted,after that we had accupressure,you can even buy a pressurepoint gun,which buzzes,when your over a meridian point..and now we have a follow up to this,with gary craigs EFT,of course you can spend a lot of money,by being treated one2one,by a therapist,but as nicola has pointed out,you can download the whole course,free of charge!

when your unwell,be it physical,or emotional,and you feel that theres no light at the end of the tunnel,and someone offers a possible release to your anxiety,free of charge,i think its worth a try.

thanks for your replies,best wishes.....bryan.