PDA

View Full Version : dizzyness??

phil21
25-05-12, 20:46
hey all

the past few days been feeling quite dizzy almost to the point where i feel like im going to faint but i dont. i drink lots of water so i dont think it could be the heat but i keep thinking could it be possible signs of a stroke? has anyone else had these symptoms?

Thanks guys

x

and_y
26-05-12, 10:40
I get dizzy on and off unfortunately it could be anything do you have any other symptoms such as head ache or sore ear.

southey
26-05-12, 11:54
Feeling dizzy and light headed can be caused by many things, inner ear problems, high/low blood pressure, anxiety etc.. most problems are nothing to worry about but there are a few that need evaluating better.

Everyone gets dizzy and light headed from time to time especially when getting up quickly from lying down and in the heat. If it happens more frequently it's best to get checked over at the Docs especially if you have any of the following symptoms along with it:

Headache, especially if it is severe, or a different kind of headache to ones you usually get.
Hearing or visual loss.
Problems with speech.
Weakness of arms or legs.
Difficulty walking.
Collapse, or periods of unconsciousness.
Numbness in areas of your body.
Chest pain.
An abnormally slow or fast pulse.
An irregular pulse.
Any other symptom that you cannot explain.

Taken from an article from Dr Sarah Jarvis.

If your drinking loads of water make sure you are replacing your electrolytes as this can make a person feel funny.

Steve.:)