PDA

View Full Version : Panic, Travelling early this morning! Anyone up with advise?

Em84
26-05-12, 06:52
Hiya!*

Ok any advise would be appreciated...I have to travel to Leeds today via the train...I have to go on a train to London then tube then 2 hrs to Leeds...I'm already feeling dizzy and breathless thinking about it....

I went to London a few days back and because it was so hot and busy I just felt awful the whole time. I almost stepped off the tube a few times from being rammed and i could hardly catch a breath.*

I really want to enjoy today...a little day out myself without the kids but I know this is going to ruin it for me...I almost feel like I shouldn't go!*

I hate reading and want to try and avoid this site while on the train but does anyone have a tips on what you do with long travelling,...? I would be ok if I was with someone...I think it's this overall Health Anxiety thinking I might die on the train away from everyone etc etc*

holiday
26-05-12, 10:11
I hope you made it to Leeds Em,
facing up to the fear is the bravest thing you can possibly do.
Just remember that we're in England and there are plenty of nice people who will help you should anything happen. I bet you sat next to or near some of them.
You're braver than me - I hate trains and will only travel if I can drive there.
I hope you feel that the journey was worth it and that you achieved a feeling of happiness at least once.
When I get nervous I meditate, it's difficult while driving as you can't afford to become too relaxed, so I do it in short bursts, but it works.
I'm building up to trying it on a train before long I hope :-)
Best of luck and keep trying, you will succeed in the end.