PDA

View Full Version : am i being silly?:/

sharn93
26-05-12, 17:55
I'm 19 and I started suffering anxiety back when I was a kid. I also suffer depression(started during my first pregnancy(2010) and the developed into postnatel depression.. also recently got diag with O.C.D(intrusive thoughts)during my second pregnancy last september time after some disturbing thoughts.. I'm so down its un real? I'm hoping for some support of people who are experiencing the same things, right here goes my latest obbession (what I think it is) is that I got Alzheimers, I was sat with a friend last night when "I said god, I'm always forgetting" and she turned round at said Alz as a joke, well its triggered my anxiety and ocd! ..I'm going back and thinking about all the times I've forgot stuff, like this one time I was in asda and I thought I was in a different store, also I muddle my words up.. And this morning I completely forgot what time I woke up and what I done until me partner started giving my hints :/ ..I hate this, I'm convinced I got it now! I find myself writing the wrong words and even saying simple easy questions in my head to see if I've forgotten them, I've also been like this with cancer/thinking I don't love my kids/my partner, also had disturbing sexual thoughts and thoughts about my sexuality when none of it were true! I'm on 50mg of stertraline a day. Loads of people have said I'm being silly about the Alzheimers thing.. What u guys think? Pleaseee reply, going crazy here!:weep:

Mr Brownstone
26-05-12, 18:48
Im not sure its even possible to get Alzheimers at 19. I reckon you're just a bit scatter-brained, maybe a bit forgetful as well. No big deal really. The fact that its probably constantly on your mind now, is heaping more pressure on yourself to remember answers quickly..which has the opposite effect, in that you cant let your mind just relax, and the answer delays in coming.

shelley1813
06-06-12, 10:03
Hi i 2 am worrying about my memory and im 30. Constantly questioning and obsessing over things i know i should know but think i cant remember if that makes sense. Im sure it is anxiety related take care xx

BobbyDog
06-06-12, 18:50
I think it is the medication, I get memory loss all the time, sometimes I can't work out simple sums in my head - its the tablets!!!

a4000
06-06-12, 23:54
Before I got help I struggled to string sentences together. I could have a ordinary conversation with my partner, friends etc. about the simplest things and the sentences would just turn into mush. I couldn't mentally piece the words together and could easily jump from one thing to the other.

I'm getting better now, but it just takes time and as others have said I don't think it's Alzheimers.