PDA

View Full Version : Worried about MS symptoms - 1st time poster

Dzt66
26-05-12, 18:30
This is my first post though I've read the threads from time to time. I deal with major health anxiety. I've seen cardiologist for palpitations, had a brain MRI for MS, been to a dermatologist to check for cancer, had my thyroid levels tested (ive also had benign tumors on my thyroid removed) and am now seeking a Chiro/physical therapist for pain/tingling in my arm.

My brain MRI was negative for MS but now I read that it can be on your spine too. I have slight scoliosis that was diagnosed when I was 12. And one dr said I possibly have thoracic outlet syndrome which pinches the nerves in my left arm. I now have pain in my arm and tingling. My biggest concern is that my lips and nose have been buzzing for about 2.5 years. I notice it most when I lay down to sleep. I've tried relaxing to get it to stop but nothing works. And it's consistent.

So I'm afraid of MS again.

However I'm hoping it's just anxiety. My mom dealt with health anxiety in her 20's. I've had a ton of stress in my life in the last three years. Houses foreclosed on, moved 3 times, facing bankruptcy. But the weird thing is I don't understand how these problems can cause my symptoms.

Sometimes I just wan to crawl in a hole and I think my mom and husband think I'm losing it for all the doctors and tests I've done.

Help. I don't know if I should pursue testing again or just try to deal with it as anxiety.

scouser1959
26-05-12, 21:49
hi sorry to hear your having problems, i have had ms for 36 years and i can still remember the fear i felt, your symptons dont sound like ms to me, and by now you would have either had more symptoms or it would have showed in the tests you have had.

Dzt66
26-05-12, 21:58
Thanks for responding scouser. With tingling & buzzing listed as symptoms of ms what makes you think (and I hope you are right) that I don't have it? I think I've decided today to get an MRI of my spine done. Before it was only on my brain. My chiropractor suggested I do this to see what's causing the symptoms in my arm but if I'm gonna do it I might as well go all the way and check my whole spine. At least those are my thoughts now. Thanks again for the response

---------- Post added at 16:58 ---------- Previous post was at 16:56 ----------

Oh and the pain in my arm along with the tingling and numbness

scouser1959
26-05-12, 22:18
hi again it dosent sound like ms as you seem to have had the symptons for a long time, ms ( in early stages) usually creates more than one sympton and believe me anxiety can very definitely mimic ms, lots of times i feel under the weather and eventually when i calm down its been anxiety and NOT my ms.

Dzt66
26-05-12, 22:29
It's calming to hear you say that. Can you let my buzzing lips and tingling/painful arm know that too? :). I still think I may go for the MRI that my Chiro suggested. Though her suggestion was just to find if I have a pinched nerve. I want one of my whole spine. It will give me peace of mind. Though I fear I just may move on to the next thing to worry about :/