PDA

View Full Version : Good Night's Sleep

markiemark
26-05-12, 22:32
Hi All

How many of you have had a panic attack when you are just falling off to sleep? It is the most horrible feeling. I feels worse because you are in the safest place yet still get all the symptoms of an attack.

However guys I may of found a cure for this. Having a good nights sleep is so important for us, as tiredness can cause an attack.

The cure:

Before going to sleep, consume a WARM glass of milk. I have researched this and all of those who have tried replied with positive feedback. I'm not too sure why it works, apparently about an enzyme it contains, but it helps you fall into a deep sleep. I will try it tonight and let you all know how I got on.

Other helpful hints for a good nights rest are....
Try not to watch tv just before going to bed
Try not to have a strong discussion with your partner before bed
Try to minimise sound and light as much as possible
Try not to drink any other form of liquid after 8pm as urination may distract sleep.

Hope these help guys.

All the best

Mark

Lindy
26-05-12, 22:57
To be honest I tried al of those things (bar the last because I hate being thirsty) and it didn't work for me! Wouldn't want to discourage anyone from trying new things though - also some herbal teas can have a calming effect. :)

markiemark
27-05-12, 09:28
Morning all,

Just to let you know that the glass of warm milk actually worked for me. My chest was a little tight to begin with, but I found that it slowly soothed out and felt I could inhale nicely. I felt far more relaxed too and am pleased that I had a full nights sleep undisturbed.
I feel great now and have started the day on a positive.
Highly recommend.

---------- Post added at 09:28 ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 ----------

Sorry to hear that Lindy.

Maybe it was because you were expecting it to work, and therefore thinking about it too much and therefore could not drop off?

If I were you I would try it again because it can't do you any harm. Even if it's the psychological factor of knowing that your are drinking the milk to help you sleep, it might just do the job.
Just think of relaxing situations, and imagine that you are slowly sinking into your bed when relaxed.
That works for me.

Hope these help