PDA

View Full Version : New Here

gabes
10-07-06, 23:10
Im new here. I am amazed just reading some of the posts! They are all ME!!!!!!! Ive sufferd with Anxiety since about age 11. I feel like no one understands me. Im glad i stumbled on this forum.

gabes
10-07-06, 23:26
I find so many of these ailments are similar to mine. Feeling like I have something in my throat, back pain, hip pain, headaches, diarrhea, stomach pain, dizziness, mouth sores, obsessing about every disease I hear about. My wife loves that ER show; I can’t even listen to the audio from the next room because I know I will start to obsess about some disease of the week. Most of t he time I can hide it, suffering in silence. I dont know anyone peronally who suffers the same feeling i do.

Eclipse
11-07-06, 01:30
Welcome gabes,
You'll find here, that whatever you want to talk about, there are always plenty of people who'll listen & support you
B Wolf
X

brentor_wolf

chedda
11-07-06, 09:24
Hia Gabes and welcome to the site
i know you will find loads of help and advice on here,feels good knowing your not alone doesnt it :D
take care cheryl xx

Humly
11-07-06, 09:43
Welcome to the site Gabes. You will be surprised just how many people do suffer from health anxiety. You are definitely not alone and it is a great comfort knowing that you can come on here and talk about whatever is bothering you, however silly you may feel about it. I also hide my fears from my friends and family so this has been a godsend to me.

Hope we can help you.

LT

chucklehound
11-07-06, 16:23
Welcome to NMP

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

scoobygirl2005
11-07-06, 16:26
Hi.

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help and support here.

Scooby2005
x x

manmoor
11-07-06, 17:03
Hi There,

A big warm welcome to you. Everyone heres so friendly and helpful.

Take Care

Mandy

xx

ceecee
11-07-06, 17:58
hi gabes,welcome!!!i,m sure you will find lots of reassurance knowing that you are not alone!!!!take care rachelx x x

polly daydream
11-07-06, 21:39
Hi Gabes and welcome to the forum.

Polly

Silly Blonde
13-07-06, 09:59
Hi Gabes

You're certainly not alone! Most of us have had most of the usual symptoms. Keep reading the posts and you will suddenly make the connection that we have all shared similar symptoms at some time!

It has certainly helped me!! For example I was terrified about the floaters I noticed in my eyes - until I read some posts on here and realised that I wasn't alone!!!

If you think about it - we have all got the "symptoms" in common - so unless we've all got some form of cancer, I guess we have to accept that its plain old health anxiety!!

As my psych keeps asking me "you're not dead yet are you???" - I have been posting on here for months, some for years - do you think we'd all still be alive and kicking if we had the illnesses we worry about????

Take care

SB xx