PDA

View Full Version : when will this bloody depersonalisation go!!!

hsmith
27-05-12, 10:31
been on cit. for just over 4 weeks now. second time. along with a host of other side effects have been suffering dp/dr since the day i started taking them. upped from 20mg to 30mg 5days ago and its still here!

i dont no what to do...whether to stick it out and hope it passes or start reducing to try something else?

anybody else had this?

its really getting me down. :weep:

Mick081081
27-05-12, 12:03
Hiya,

DP/DR is by far the worst thing I've ever had and it lasted 2 months, Stick with the Citalopram it's worked wonders for me so can't sing it's praises enough.

Give it another 4 weeks before you contemplate coming off it. The DP will slowly start to disappear bit by bit so ride it out and try to keep patient with it, I know it's hard but trust me it'll be worth it in the end.

Hope you feel better soon.

Mick.

hsmith
27-05-12, 14:33
was ur dp caused by the cit? what were ur symptoms of dp?

Mick081081
27-05-12, 18:32
Hiya,

Best way of describing it is it's like being drunk 24-7 and feels like your not here if that makes sense- scary stuff! I had it before taking Cit but it got worse when on the tablets for a while before it slowly disappeared so battle on through it.

Hope you feel better soon.

Mick.

hsmith
28-05-12, 17:52
thats how i feel. like im floating around in a dream like state. colours and sounds feel dull. its so scary. just want it to go away now. will be 5weeks on the cit on thurs. how long was it till u felt improvement?

Rocker
29-05-12, 08:46
Hi hsmith

Try and hold out another week I knows its really hard when you feel like this but in can take a little longer for some people to feel better like it did with me.

If it is really that bad and you can't wait another go back and have a talk with your GP and see what he says , but like I said a lot of people feel this way at start of taking tablets.

You will be fine soon.

Rocker

Mick081081
29-05-12, 19:05
Hiya,

Best advice I can give you is to be patient I know it's hard but you will get through this. I started feeling near enough myself after 8-9 weeks so hang on in there. If you need a hand/support anytime feel free to message me.

Keep positive and fight on.

Mick.

hsmith
29-05-12, 19:37
thanks, it helps to know you've suffered the same as me n uv come out the other end...

its such a wierd sensation to feel like your not real or the world around u isnt real : ( the old me seems so far away...

did u have any coping mechanisms when it was really bad?

Mick081081
29-05-12, 20:21
Hiya,

I found that if I ignored the feeling it would feel less strong, concentrating on it allows it to stay in control and feeds it. It's your brain resting itself and going into protection mode that causes it.

I found exercising helped and getting back to a routine was the main thing that got rid of it. I treat it as a person that i didnt like although that sounds mad it helped, Try to keep busy and don't fear it just think well if your gonna be here with me then I'll just ignore you and carry on regardless.

Hope you feel better soon it's the worst thing I've ever experienced so know how frightened you must be.

Mick.