PDA

View Full Version : Possibly related to anxiety ? Visual issue.

JonnyUK
28-05-12, 04:09
Not sure why I should think this is anxiety related, but as I suffer from GAD I thought I should ask.

When I view film credits on a TV that are black background with white writing, I will feel everything in my vision is shooting downwards for about 5 minutes after. It is quite freaky as it is very extreme. So for instance, I look at the screen, then at the end of the credits I look away and everything I see is moving downwards like on the credits.

Anyone else suffer this or know someone who does ? I asked everyone I was sat in a room with and they said no. Seems to happen all the time now.

Anxious_gal
28-05-12, 06:52
Pretty sure it's normal, bit like an opticle illusion.

xfilme
28-05-12, 18:11
This is normal. FOr example, if you ever play guitar hero where you are looking at a constant stream of notes moving downwards, when you turn it off, your vision stays like it for a while and everything feels like its moving.

JonnyUK
28-05-12, 23:46
Thanks both of you.

This is normal. FOr example, if you ever play guitar hero where you are looking at a constant stream of notes moving downwards, when you turn it off, your vision stays like it for a while and everything feels like its moving.

Yes, that is right, I find the same with Guitar Hero. The thing is though I have asked 5 people I know and none of them experience that, so I thought I was alone.

Rennie1989
29-05-12, 11:57
We all get that all the time, like if you look at the sun (for a slight moment) and you still see it in your eyes. It's normal.

xvolatileheart
29-05-12, 22:55
I get lots of weird visual symptoms. Like if I'm reading a book for a while, I'll see little spots for a while after, like I've stared at too many "O"s. It used to really scare me, but I've accepted that it's just weird optical stuff that has always happened, only since I've been more anxious I tend to notice them more! They aren't harmful.