PDA

View Full Version : Scared of getting chicken pox

Emira7
28-05-12, 10:20
Hi all

I ahve recently been on holiday, came back last Sunday, and when I came back my daughter had chicken pox, the spots had already come out(she stayed home whilst hubs and I escaped!) The spots scabbed over by last Thursday and now and she is back to school.

Now here goes my HA! I am freaking out wondering if I will get chicken pox now. I remember years ago when I was pregnant I had a blood test that confirmed I was immune.

But I keep thinking, what if I get it :-( I know its bad with adults.

God why I am worrying so much, but I can't help it. Always looking for something to be wrong

southey
28-05-12, 10:38
Hi Emira,

I don't quite understand, if your immune it means you have had chicken pox in the past. If so you cannot get it again, it's impossible to get it twice. What does happen is the virus lays dormant in everyone who has had it and MAY reappear as Shingles later in life if you get run down but it's quite rare in healthy people so don't worry about that.

Other than that chicken pox is highly contagious so if you were looking after your daughter you would already have caught by now it if you were not immune.

Steve:)

Breezay
28-05-12, 20:39
I agree 100% with Steve :) A friend of mine was caring for her niece while she had chicken pox & was fine. If you've had it as a child then it's very unlikely that you will catch it again. Even if you did, your immune system is healthy so would fight it off pretty normally. My mum's bf had it as an adult, & other than it being a real pain, he was completely fine. I'm sure you'll be ok x