PDA

View Full Version : Need a bit of help.

BeautifulNature
28-05-12, 15:54
Hi I was just wondering if anyone else suffers from social anxiety. When i am talking to someone it's hard to not think they are judging me. If anyone feels the same and has any coping strategies please share and help? I am getting sick and tired of it now and want to meet new friends and a possible future bf. But i feel this ruins my chances. thanks guys. xxx

nomorepanic
28-05-12, 16:05
Hi BeautifulNature

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

waunder
28-05-12, 17:09
Yes my perception of people isn't the greatest either but I have learned to tell myself whats others think is not my business and I cannot control that. Plus I also realized that it really doesn't matter to me what others think, this I learned through learning about myself and how I did that was through learning about my anxieties ,my triggers. I meditate and pray and it has taken m outside my horrible thoughts and fears. Blessings to you.

Vanilla Sky
28-05-12, 22:05
Because you have a low opinon of yourself you think that other people are judging you. They cannot know what is going on in your head, only you know that. When you are talking to someone all you can think about is what they are thinking of you... They are probably doing the same !! Try to take the focus of your thoughts and focus on the person who is talking to you, forget about what you think theyr thinking... thats your head not theres ...... Phew hope that makes sense lol