PDA

View Full Version : Can the hot weather cause migraines + heart issues?

Andromeda
28-05-12, 16:27
I've had a horrible pain in my head now for about 5 days.

It's not there when i wake up but suddenly comes halfway through the day and always in the same position on the right side and it's heavy and sickly!

I had a history of migraines but as i've got older, they've not bothered me.

However this pain is just making me feel so ill and i'm wondering if it's because of the hot weather?

I had an mri last year which came back normal so i'm telling myself nothing serious could have developed in my brain within that time but there's always that nagging doubt

I've just taken my heart rate too and it's like 102 bpm
and i've been getting a fluttery heart
:-(

---------- Post added at 16:27 ---------- Previous post was at 16:13 ----------

Just want to mention i've had 2 ECGs in the past 3 years which have both come back normal but recently my heart rate has been going out of control more often

waunder
28-05-12, 17:24
I can say what I think it could be. Allergies for one thing. But this really should be checked by a doctor. It will ease your mind and it is worth that to be safe.

stressybessy
28-05-12, 17:33
Dehydration is very common in this weather and can cause a very heavy headache. I think migraine's can also be caused by pressure changes in the weather - have you tried cool strips, you can get them in Boots etc and they really help with the headaches. x

Em.ma
28-05-12, 19:06
headaches are very common in hot weather
i work in over 30c temps and have a banging headache all the time
drink lots of water x

Skye1978
29-05-12, 18:14
I can be migraine free for ages as soon as the sun comes out I get mega migraines!

Worried_Male
29-05-12, 19:32
Yeah, i seem to be getting a lot of headaches at the moment. I have put it down to the weather.