PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand but .......

lilac kitten
21-05-04, 12:25
OK since about January things went bad, very bad. Panic and anxiety out of control. Doctor prescribed Citalapram and Diazepam - which I didn't take because I was a little anxious of side effects, etc.

Anyway to cut a long story short, last week I went to see the doctor, told him everything and he reassured me about the tablets. So feeling more confident about taking them I said I'd start them at the weekend. Before that though I needed to take half a Diazepam as anxiety was worse than ever. I felt normal. Just half and I felt normal and relaxed. Then I went to see the psychotherapist on Thursday last week and havn't looked back since.

I feel great. And no tablets. I even managed to walk to school, take the kids swimming, walk around Basingstoke at busy time (lunchtime Saturday) and didn't even think about taking my handbag to pick up my son from school (handbag with all things comforting).

So how does that work? Did the half a diazepam kick start something. Or did just talking ten to the dozen to my therapist help? Who knows. And how long will these good feelings last? Oh well I might as well enjoy them while they do.

I feel so good about myself (still have the same worries, but without the major attacks). I expect I'll still get the panic attacks if I was to drive on a motorway or major A road, etc., but thats nothing compared to them affecting everyday life.

Happy Friday everybody and have a good weekend.

Ruth
x[8D]

Lottie32
21-05-04, 20:05
Ruth

My advice for what it's worth. Don't question it. Accept it. And take each day at a time.

I'm struggling quite badly myself due to the events of the last two weeks.

HOWEVER - I have learnt that with a bit of TLC, I WILL get over this. In a few weeks time, I'll be back up there again. And I'm going to keep on going up, once I've ridden out this storm!

Happy sailing.

I'm so glad you are feeling better.

Love

Charlie

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

imported_n/a
21-05-04, 20:30
hey ruth i am so happy for you nice 1,,hey are you still taking the diazapam???and how much now??cause i would really like to try something like them but like you are way to scared thanks ruth and all the very bestxxxdarrenxx

""HAPPINESS IS ALWAYS THERE UNDERNEATH THE ANGER AND DESPAIR""

lilac kitten
21-05-04, 22:32
Charlie,

Cheers sweetie for your support. I've just caught up on your post and am really sorry to read about your horse. You will pull through this as you say, its just the time inbetween thats a bummer. I'm sending a few hugs your way and hope it helps a little.

Have a good weekend and I'll catch up with you soon.

Ruth
x

lilac kitten
21-05-04, 22:40
Darren,

I only took half a diazepam - low strength one at that. They are meant to be taken whilst the Citalapram were getting into my system.

You could try the same combination - ask your doctor what he/she thinks. Diazepam are addictive so doctors will very rarely give them out without good reason, and certainly won't prescribe them long term.

You do sound like you need to try something though - even just to kick start you into action. If I hadn't have picked up this week I would have started the Citalapram. I still have the same thoughts and anxieties though.

I hope everything goes OK next week for your mum (and you of course). And stop worrying - make it up to her when she gets home. She'll need you more than and will more than likely remember you more for that than visiting in hospital everyday.

Good luck,
Ruth
x