PDA

View Full Version : Please help, this is the worst one I have had!

Misslouread
28-05-12, 16:57
I don't think I have been more anxious than this, I walked nears mercury recycling bin today and terrified I inhaled mercury, please help me, please xxxx

stressybessy
28-05-12, 17:11
Unless you leant over the bin and inhaled deeply for any length of time I don't think you have any reason to worry - if it was that dangerous to breathe a bit in then they wouldn't have recycling bins open to the public. Whatever you breathed in would have been diluted thousands of times by the fresh air. x

Misslouread
28-05-12, 17:14
I was about 5 metres away but terrified I could have breathed some in, there is a possibility isn't there x

stressybessy
28-05-12, 17:19
Not really - people must walk past it all the time. There was lots of air in the 5 metres between you and the bin, that's quite a distance. I doubt any mercury at all went into your body. Honestly its not worth spending any more time thinking about. I get stressed out over chemicals too and this one wouldn't even worry me because you were so far away from the bin. Even if you did breathe a bit in (which is very very unlikely) from that distance I would think it would still be less than you would breathe in if you had a filling at the dentists and people have those all the time. x

Misslouread
28-05-12, 18:40
Thankyou I just can't seem to get this one off my mind and all I want to do is make everything go away, is this really nothing to worry about because I am genuinely terrified xxxxx

stressybessy
28-05-12, 19:50
Just walking past a mercury recycling bin will do you no harm at all.:hugs:You are fixating on it now but in a few days you will have forgotten it even happened.

southey
28-05-12, 20:00
Your right stressybessy.

I probably ingested more mercury in that tasty Tuna mayo baguette for lunch than the OP will walking past that bin a thousand times!

Tuna....Mmmmm om nom nom!!

Steve:)