in June on the NHS but I am thinking of trying hypnosis
I have read the article on here about Hypnotherapy
but I am still not sure what to do
Hypnotherapy costs £50 an hour as anyone tried hypnosis does it
help?

JohnBliss
28-05-12, 22:11
Hi there
I've tried Hypnotherapy twice over the years and felt no benefit whatsoever- just poorer by several hundred pounds both times. However many do claim great benefits. I guess the important thing is to choose a Hypnotherapist whose testimonials you can check as I think that maybe there are just a lot of rubbish Hypnotherapists out there like any other Profession
Best of Luck
John

theharvestmouse
28-05-12, 22:36
It did absolutely nothing for me, a complete waste of money, I actually felt worse coming out because I was so angry that I'd wasted money on it and just felt like a complete fool.

But some people say it worked for them so its up to you if you want to give it a go.

I found CBT far more beneficial.

smogie
29-05-12, 21:49
i had a few sessions to help me cope with panic attacks and they did help am currently suffering with health anxiety and have arranged to see her again on friday i think it depends how much faith you have in the outcome if you believe it will work then there is more chance that it might even if it just gets you to relax for an hour it is an hour less spent in an anxious state good luck nothing ventured nothing gained

xfilme
01-06-12, 13:12
Hypnotherapy is not hypnosis. Hypnotherapy is just a way of relaxing your body and mind whilst fully aware of what you are saying, to attempt to more easily access information and feelings. Hypnosis is generally where you have someone esentially reprogram your associations. I have had hypnotherapy. Its very relaxing and gives you a sense of wellbeing. Some are better with it than others. Mine was not so successful as I was so stressed they could not relx me enough. Either way, as Smogie said, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Its worth trying anythng if theres even only a 5% chance it could help. You might be that 5%. I suggest you give it all ago. Recovery from Health Anxiety, is very much a system of trial and error. What works for one, wont work for another. Well done on addressing the issues and trying to fix them. I know how hard it is as I suffer from Health Anxiety myself.

In saying that, if you have an open mind, its costing me £30 for sessions in Chirokinetic therapy. Thats been very beneficial so far and I would recommend it to anyone and everyone. Its when a therapist speaks to your mind/body and it responds via muscle strength and weakness, without the interference of you having to talk. It is essentially your body telling the therapist whats wrong rather that you giving your own interpretation. I have if for my emotional issues as well as health anxiety, and it has changed many of my outlooks on the power of the mind to not only warp your perception towards your health, but also to recover from it.