PDA

View Full Version : infection

Em.ma
28-05-12, 20:01
hi at work got a cut was wearoing a plaster on it all day but managed to get something in it and it stang like hell

https://www.revital.co.uk/uploads/media/TOI/.thumbnails/D-Sea_Salt_Brushing_730x460.gife hell this is what we were doing
its salt and oil
it was either that or dirt
i cleaned it with soap and water after and when i got home

http://i48.tinypic.com/206lbh0.png this is the cut

---------- Post added at 19:59 ---------- Previous post was at 18:50 ----------

its looking redder now to

---------- Post added at 20:01 ---------- Previous post was at 19:59 ----------

http://i49.tinypic.com/2m2xhjs.png

southey
28-05-12, 20:07
Hi Emma,

Doesn't look infected to me just a normal cut healing. Keep it clean and let it breath and it will heal just fine. Even if it does get a bit pussy this is normal or if your prone to infection there are a zillion things to treat it.

Steve.

Breezay
28-05-12, 20:33
Looks ok to me :) Just make sure you keep it clean & dry. Let it breathe every now & then, the fresh air will help it to heal. Keep it covered when you're working or when there's a chance it might get dirty. Try not to touch or play with it at all!

You'll definitely notice if it does get infected, in which case, a short course of antibiotics will sort it out pretty quickly.

Anxious_gal
29-05-12, 00:41
Looks like you cut the top layer of skin, the skin underneath is going to be red.
red is a good sign it means you've got good blood flow.
It's a teeny cut and it's not deep enough really to get infected.
Just keep a plaster on it for a few days until the new skin grows back and it heals up.

nomorepanic
29-05-12, 01:45
Emma - the link does not work

Em.ma
29-05-12, 17:55
Hiya today it's red raw and puss in it and wet..:. Also had plaster on all day but it slipped of for half an hour whilst working earlier so freakig scared. It's very red today. Nicola its salt brushing spa it's salt and coconut oil today was on a face mask line. Ur it was a wee bit dirty and was without a power for half an hour! Scared

---------- Post added at 17:27 ---------- Previous post was at 17:23 ----------

Plaster not power

---------- Post added at 17:39 ---------- Previous post was at 17:27 ----------

It's a lot redder and soarer than yesterday - only without plaster 30 mins might something have got in it. Can't really go docs unless really necessary ad hours don't allow 8-5

---------- Post added at 17:39 ---------- Previous post was at 17:39 ----------

Could using it of made it red it hurts

---------- Post added at 17:55 ---------- Previous post was at 17:39 ----------

http://i46.tinypic.com/29pyw3s.png
todays photo

venusbluejeans
29-05-12, 17:57
Emma in hospitals and drs wounds are washed out with saline, even eyes are washed out with saline.........Saline is a mixture of salt and sterile water, so salt is highly unlikely to actually harm the wound if you get it in a wound.

Also if you keep putting plasters on and off the wound it will disturb it and of course make it more red and sore........leave it alone and it will heal!

and also the picture you have posted looks like a normal healing wound

MazF
29-05-12, 18:49
Hi, Emma, that doesn't look infected. It looks as if the top skin layer has come away, nothing major but will hurt a lot! The pus you describe is a perfectly normal aspect of the healing process. If the pus becomes very yellow and more viscous in consistency or the area of redness begins to travel up your finger, or become itchy then it may (i stress "may") be a sign of secondary infection. Try bathing it with warm salty water and cover it for 24 hours at a time. Hope this helps.

Em.ma
29-05-12, 19:44
thanks was planning leaving it cpvered at work as work in factory lots of dust etc
the plaster came of for 30 mins today and i didnt get a new one so worried it got dirty then lol

i was planning to leave it uncovered at home got no plasters at home could rap it in tissue but cant think what else
just got to try to keep it covered at work tomoz

was salt and coconut oil the product :)