PDA

View Full Version : New Member

nicjay
11-07-06, 11:33
Hi my name is Nicola, i'm 27 years old and suffer from panic disorder along with some phobias but i try to keep them in check.

I have suffered with anxiety officially since i was 17 and doing my A-Levels but through many sessions of counselling i have come to realise that i have always suffered anxiety in some form or another.

Like i just said i have tries counselling twice before using CBT methods, i have also tried psychotherapy and i have read numerous books and articles.

I have my good years/ days and bad years/days and have learnt that too much stress sets off my anxiety yet i still suffer and that i am the only one who can do anything about my condition. It annoys me that although i know the root to the problem i can still become a quivering wreck who feels like their body is controlling them and not the other way around.:(

manmoor
11-07-06, 11:35
Hi Nicola,

Welcome to the forum. Here you will get lots of advice and meet new friends.

Take Care

Mandy

xx

Children_of_God
11-07-06, 11:43
Hey i think we all kno that feeling!!! it sucks, welcome to the forum, michelle xxx.:D

hayles
11-07-06, 12:02
Hi and welcome to the site.

Hay x

Daisybun
11-07-06, 13:37
Hi Nicola and a big welcome to you. You'll find lots of help and support here

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

scoobygirl2005
11-07-06, 15:47
Hi.

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help and support here.

Scooby2005
x x

chucklehound
11-07-06, 16:08
Welcome to NMP

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

polly daydream
11-07-06, 20:12
Hi Nicola and welcome to the forum.

Polly

nomorepanic
11-07-06, 21:20
Hi Nicola

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

EebyJeeby
12-07-06, 00:13
Hi Nicola,

Glad you have joined the forum. It's often the case that during counselling we discover that we have been anxious for longer than we thought. Hope you will find the support here to begin to manage it better.

Eeb x

giddy
12-07-06, 06:58
Hi Nicola and welcome to the forum
love Helen

wobily_lin
12-07-06, 08:09
Hi Nicola,

A big welcome to the site. You will get some good advice and support here. Glad you found us.

Take care,

Lin.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

chedda
12-07-06, 10:32
Hia Nicola and welcome :D
Sure you will find loads of good advice and help and support on here
take care cheryl xx

nicjay
12-07-06, 11:05
Hi everyone thanks for making me feel welcome on the forum never been on one before yesterday so i've been feeling my way around the site. I could have done with the forum 2 years ago when i had the big relapse and thought i was all alone now in better spirits and i find others out there like me-yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love and hugs to anyone reading this
Nicola
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:D

Eclipse
12-07-06, 11:27
Hi Nicola,
Welcome to the site!
I'm a forum novice too but am finding my way round & loving it - the desire to support others that you can relate to and wanting to follow up on topics to see how things are going for the postees (is that a word?) is proving to be a help in itself.
I've come to believe that all the bad things/times we've been through as sufferers has made us better people in so far as it brings out a nurturing side that a lot of 'unaware' people may never experience.
Best Wishes
B Wolf
XX

brentor_wolf

emmy
12-07-06, 13:36
hi and welcome

i hope you get all the support and help you need there are some good information on here..

emilyxxx

if it looks like it works and feels like it works then it works!!!

Piglet
12-07-06, 13:43
A big welcome to the site you Nic. :D

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Nicki22
12-07-06, 13:54
hi and welcome x
i know how you feel...ive had problems since i was 13 yrs old
hope you find all the help you need x
feel free to pm me anytime xx

trac67
12-07-06, 15:36
Hi Nicola,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Karen
12-07-06, 21:56
Hi Nicola

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey