PDA

View Full Version : Going back into the stress (new job)

Lion King
28-05-12, 21:47
Hi all,

Just been given a great oppurtunity to take on a high position in the company I am with. It's really good news and its come from nowhere, my only worry is the stress I went through in my last management job will return. I ended up packin in that job for that reason (as well as SAD) and took a lower paid job with company I am with, with less responsibility, this has been ok but felt like I was underacheiving, when this chance came I thought at last I am capable of better things. I just need to concentrate on my stress and what triggers it and put it in its place.

I spoke with a colleague today and he put a dampener on the position, outlining it is a lonely job and I need to be more assertive, I know he means well but I've took a back step for the last two years to blend into the background and concentrate on my life outside of work, so assertiveness has not been my main goal so I have been pretty quiet, which some people at work think I am being funny so don't make any effort to talk. I think I am just guarded by keeping people at a distance and collecting my salary. Less involvement = less hassle.

I am going to be really involved in this position and I am leapfrogging quite alot of people to get there, I just see this as a compliment, I have good training and good qualities which I have played down to stepout of the lime light, why should I let my family go without to give me an easy life.

A happy lion will return, when I am happy I feel I can tackle anything and nobody bothers me. I am still on Citalopram as I have for the last 4 years, and I will tackle withdrawal at a later date.

Well onwards and upwards, I have another little boy on the way in August so life is looking up.:yahoo:

Bourjois__x
29-05-12, 09:26
Wow! Congratulations on your new promotion!! You should be really proud of yourself :) and congratulations on your pregnancy too.

It is hard to go in to something without having the dreaded thought of "will my stress and anxiety return" - it is absolutely normal to feel like that after having a bad spell of it but I would see this opportunity as a fresh start and time to start again on a job that you know you will be good at.

Congratulations!!! :D

Lion King
29-05-12, 20:03
Thank you very much, its just a matter of getting my head around it. Its a golden oppurtunity and its nice having a laid back job at the minute but I have a family to support and the money would be nice.

My wife is due at the end of August, she looks like she's pinched a beachball and stuffed it up her top!

Good times

Lion King
30-05-12, 17:45
Not sure its the job for me, it's far too intense!

I will give it a go but if I'm not happy I'm giving back word!:unsure:

Lion King
31-05-12, 20:42
Feel like I'm going from 20% involvement at work to 100% in a short space of time, Got my first meeting in the morning, feeling anxious!!