PDA

View Full Version : Living With Svt

Dnvgraphics2k12
28-05-12, 22:58
Hey guys,

Heres my story i have been having severe svt for the last 3 years to a point when the only thing that stops it is adenosine im so scared its happened 8 times this year the last one only this weekend i am under a cardiologist does anyone else suffer with this ? would love to hear from you x

Dnvgraphics2k12
29-05-12, 18:10
anyone ? x

nomorepanic
29-05-12, 18:12
I had no idea what SVT was so couldn't reply - sorry

ZenZen
06-09-12, 22:22
Hi there Dnvgraphics2k12, I can totally relate to what you are going through as I too had similar. Anyone wondering what severe SVT is, it is Supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) - basically any rapid heart rhythm originating above the ventricular tissue of the heart.
I was getting bouts of SVT and my heart was hitting over 250BPM each time, I could function normally when the SVT attack started, walking, talking etc. but the "high speen train" (my heart as I described it) trying to get out of my chest could actually be heard and seen pulsating. Like you the only way I was able to get this under control / stopped was by adenosine. I also had instances where one shot of this was not good enough and they had to multiply or up the dosages. Each time I went to A&E to have this drug administered, it was a scarey experience as I was always taken straight into the resus wards. For anyone reading this and I do not mean to frighten you, adenosine from my own personal experience, momentarily stops your heart and then it starts again. When it is administered it actually feels like your whole body is crumpling inwards, I could actually feel this drug going right through my veins / arteries until it reaches the heart and basically restarts the rhythm at a normal pace.

After similar experiences to the OP I had been seeing a cardiologist who pencilled me in for the abalation process. I found the actual build up to the abaltion operation more stressful than the process itself, risks etc. But I would totally recommend you have it done if it is a viable option. It is not always successful on the first go for some people. But for me it was and it really got my life back on track being SVT free.

However I now suffer from anxiety, not related to the SVT or treatment, just basically stresses in life as many others on here seem to be.

If you want to ask me anythging about SVT or the abaltion process then feel free to ask. I'll happily answer any questions you may have.

johnielov
10-09-12, 04:48
Guys, I think you should get therapy. SVT or anxiety has a lot to do with mental ability. If you can control your feelings you can minimize attacks.