PDA

View Full Version : problems with tightness and sick feeling and breathing probs

sherwooder
29-05-12, 11:26
hi
last night before i went to bed i had a really tight squashed feeling round the botom of my ribs and felt like i cudnt take a deep breath and that i needed to go to the loo cause i was badly stuck but i have been able to go to the loo so its not like ive not been in ages i do try to eat fibrous things to keep that going smoothly but im now afraid of my sugar levels in case im having too much.
im quite thin as well and have not long came of off a painful period where i was sick so didnt eat much then, cud i just be getting these pains cause im TOO thin and need to build up more ????

any help plz

Jules147
29-05-12, 12:36
Sounds like IBS to me. It might be an idea to see the doctor though if only because it is treatable. Constipation can give you a feeling of fullness and tightness just under your ribcage. Fibrous foods won't raise your blood sugar levels because complex carbs (fibrous foods) take too long to digest.

If you have IBS soluble fibrous foods are better, like fruit.

I have glucose intolerance/borderline diabetes. I can't eat sugary foods but I can eat as much fruit as I like except ripe bananas. Fibrous foods are actively encouraged in my situation.

If you want to bulk up eat plenty of complex carbs and unsaturated fats. Oily fish like mackerel and salmon are good, as are peanuts but I wouldn't recommend peanuts if you are currently suffering the symptoms of IBS.

sherwooder
29-05-12, 12:39
what do u do for IBS?

Jules147
29-05-12, 13:01
Avoid foods that aggravate it like non-soluble fibrous foods, drink plenty of water, get enough sleep.

Treatments come in the form of antispasmodics (Colofac) and peppermint capsules (Colpermin.) You can take both if necessary.