PDA

View Full Version : Overweight and Depressed!

louise0501
29-05-12, 14:12
Hey everyone, i am 13.7 stone and i feel so depressed about it and the past couple weeks i have been dieting and doing more exercise but i dont seem to have lost anything yet. i'm getting married next april and i would love to be down to about 10 stone by then but i just keep thinking it wont happen. just wondered if anyone else can relate to this? and if they have any good dieting advice? or any good exercise tips? i have been going out on my bike most days but now my bike is broke. how much exercise do you need to do to lose weight? also i went bike riding with my boyfriend at the weekend and he just kept telling me that i'm really unfit which i obviously already knew but he thought he had to tell me to be honest with me but is that really productive when your trying your best?

please reply
Love Louise

spuder
29-05-12, 14:22
i know how u feel i am a lot heavier then 13 stone been told am obese but cant get my head into diet mode i wanna go ww but have no confincdece spelling, i have no freinds am seprated from my hubby i live with my parents and have 1 daughter whos 9 years old who i love to bits. like i said i need to join a slimming group but no self estem am scared ill b laughed at coz i am soo big oh and i too have depression and anxiety and other issues. pm me if u wanna chat hope ive helped u take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Worried_Male
29-05-12, 14:24
There are 2 ways you can lose weight, either by lowering your calorie intake or burning off excess calories. I would recommend the latter more.

As long as you're not gorging on junk food, and consuming no more than 2000-2500 calories a day, then around 30-60 minutes a day exercise will be sufficient to lose weight. You don't even have to go to a gym, you can do these things in the comfort of your own home, using things around the house.

I just passed my NVQ level 2 in Exercise and Fitness and am about to move onto level 3. If you tell me more about yourself i would be happy to set up a nutrition and exercise plan for you. Inbox me if you're interested.

shotokansho
29-05-12, 17:15
Hey there. I know what your battling with. I'm not hugely over weight but I am bigger than I should be. I ballooned from 9s 7lbs to 11s 9lbs and I was terribly upset. It was because I was taking a medication that made me want to eat. I was stuffing my face constantly and gaining the weight. I stopped the med and started eating healthier. I still treat myself occasionally so I don't feel like I'm missing out. I also bike ride, walk every where I go and train in karate twice a week. So far I have lost 4lbs in two weeks and I'm feeling the benefit of eating better and exercise. Swimming is also a great exercise.
Do your meds, if your taking any have side effects of weight gain?

I don't think I have helped much

---------- Post added at 16:15 ---------- Previous post was at 16:13 ----------

Sorry didnt finish my message...was just going to say it is sometimes a slow process and not to give in...The post above sounds good :)

GirlAfraid23
29-05-12, 17:28
I will join you in that one!
I am overweight - well im a little over what I should be and being 5'6 I should be under 11 stone and at the moment I'm over that.
It doesn't help when my family are always saying I need to lose weight, worried_male can you give me some tips via PM?

Worried_Male
29-05-12, 17:30
I will join you in that one!
I am overweight - well im a little over what I should be and being 5'6 I should be under 11 stone and at the moment I'm over that.
It doesn't help when my family are always saying I need to lose weight, worried_male can you give me some tips via PM?

I'm going to make a thread about nutrition and exercise.

If it's good i might be able to get it stickied. :roflmao:

swgrl09
29-05-12, 18:05
I am getting married in May of next year, and have started trying to lose weight too. I have been using My Plate on www.livestrong.com (http://www.livestrong.com) (No affiliation with the company) ... it's free, you can tailor it to your height and weight, and can use it to track your food and exercise daily. They also have an iphone app. I think there are others out there like it. So far I like it, but have not had the courage to weigh myself yet!!! Good luck, also maybe you can find a supportive group like weight watchers or something. For me, it is helpful to have my fiance doing it too so that he can motivate me when I really don't feel like exercising.

lindajane1971
29-05-12, 18:29
im in the same club as you too. Im massive :( i hate it, i dont talk about it to anyone, no one mentions it to me either but i know what people i know say about fat people they see and im bigger than most of them so ive no idea what they think of me. Im 18st and im 5ft5ins (approx)
i overeat rubbish coz i am so anxious all the time so i think "what the hell, i may as well have it"
ive never been on a proper diet, would never go to a public weight loss group, and i cant really afford to anyway.
my mum died 4 years ago and since then ive just sat and greived for her and ate to comfort myself and now i dont know if i can loose it.
i dont look in mirrors, dont go out coz i look such a blob, dont exercise as im TERRIFIED i will drop down dead if i do anything, even trying to take the dog out for a walk is impossible as i only get a wee bit and then i panic and have to come home. i NEVER get allow myself to get photographed!!!! would love a treadmill so i could do it at home but thats outta my price league too so i feel stuck, so desperate to loose weight for my health, then i think if i do loose it i will be left with sagging skin to my knees which would be just as bad as having the awful massive spare tyres i have - think of big momma, thats what im like, i revolt myself, its very depressing, but what do i do about it?? have another biscuit and feel sorry for myself!!!!!

GirlAfraid23
29-05-12, 18:38
I'm going to make a thread about nutrition and exercise.

If it's good i might be able to get it stickied. :roflmao:

Ooo ok when you do, link me to it :)

Worried_Male
29-05-12, 19:07
Ooo ok when you do, link me to it :)

Here, i just put it in a thread i already made.

I'm going to add more exercises and more about good foods a bit later.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=996779#post996779

Stormsky
29-05-12, 19:29
My hubby just lost 21lb using food focus, which is free on internet to use. and he still ate stuff he liked.
Ive been trying to lose weight too, and women should stick to around 1500 calories to lose weight, i dont go above that, and have been losing weight slowly now... drink lots of water too, that speeds up the process.