PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!,

Misslouread
29-05-12, 14:23
I didn't think I could get a worse anxiety than yesterday but today I walked right past a yellow hazardous bin on the street that said use at your own risk and avoid contact with eyes nd skin, there could have been thousands of chemicals in that bin and I am terrified, want to throw all my clothes away and wash five times, please help xxxxx

nomorepanic
29-05-12, 14:33
But you didn't open the bin or touch it did you?

Misslouread
29-05-12, 14:37
No but it could have had chemicals around it couldn't it? In the air, how have I managed to walk past two of these bins in two days!? I'm so anxious xx

Jules147
29-05-12, 14:40
If that was the case it wouldn't have been left in the street.

stressybessy
29-05-12, 14:41
You avoided contact with eyes and skin as instructed so you have no need to worry, if it was so dangerous people couldn't even walk past then that type of bin would not be allowed in a public place. x

Misslouread
29-05-12, 14:49
Bt it might not actually be allowed to be there? I just feel like I have hundreds of toxins in me, thankyou for your replies xx

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:44 ----------

Has anyone else walked past one of these before????? X

KK77
29-05-12, 14:55
If it was a serious biohazard I'm sure it wouldn't be in a public place unless it was on hospital grounds.

There are millions of bacteria/germs etc in the air anyway, so unless you touch something contaminated & then touch food etc I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Misslouread
29-05-12, 16:31
But it said hazard, has anyone seen these before?? Xxxxx

nomorepanic
29-05-12, 16:35
Please stop stressing and obessing over this. They would not leave anything that dangerous out for the public to mess around with.

You are fine.

Trypp
29-05-12, 16:40
They are "warning" signs for the handling of the product, if you did not open the lid or come in direct contact I am sure you are fine, as was posted earlier they would not be on the street if there was real danger

Misslouread
29-05-12, 17:50
Thank you for all your posts, I guess what I really need to know is if any of you would be scared if you walked past one of these bins, I have cleaned my handbag because I was scared it got something on it, and I have thrown today's clothes away, is this irrational or would other people worry too? Xx

nomorepanic
29-05-12, 17:53
No I would not have been scared and no I would not have thrown my clothes away.

Is it irrational? - well yes in my opinion, sorry if that sounds harsh

Pipkin
29-05-12, 18:05
Hi there,

I'm pretty sure I've said before that no amount of reassurance will really help you. I do feel for you but you know that the problem stems from within you not what's in a bin out on the street.

My advice is to get some help and talk through why you feel like this. Ultimately, there are hazards of varying degrees all around us and we have strong immune systems that can deal with them. If you let these things get on top of you, it will seriously limit what you can do.

Good luck

Pip x

Misslouread
30-05-12, 13:39
Thankyou Pip, you are so right, and today, for example, I was on a bus, saw a man with a storage box with linen in to go at the end of the bed and I convinced myself there were chemicals in the box so threw all my clothes away, I know deep down the box was fine and the man sat next to a mother and baby so he wouldn't have wanted to harm them, but I don't trust anyone and its all getting too crazy! Xxxxx

spuder
30-05-12, 14:57
i am sure ull be fine hun like the others say dont toch it or go near it a and all will b ok

southey
30-05-12, 17:50
Yes I thoroughly agree with Pip. You need to get this irrational fear of chemicals sorted other wise your going to be miserable.

In the last few days it's been quite a few different chemicals you have been afraid of and each time you have sought reassurance and ultimately been fine each time. Can you see a pattern of unreasonable thinking emerging?

I hope for your sake you get the therapy you need so you can see rationally you really have nothing to fear.

If for no other reason because at this rate you will have no clothes left :D

Steve:)