PDA

View Full Version : need a hug :-(

lauraebowes
29-05-12, 19:18
im so anxious with my health anxiety at the mo or is it?? i coukd just sit here and cry. i started setriline again and feel soo tired Nd lighheaded. is it the tablets or ia there something wrong with me? my muscle in my neck is tight and feel raised is it tension or simething else im constantly over analysing things regarding my health and day to day probs. ive had this for three years now and getting so down about it. i want to be normal again and enjoy my life :-(

geishagirl
29-05-12, 21:48
huge hugs xxx

Vanilla Sky
29-05-12, 21:48
And you will be hun, Love and hugs to you :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Paige xx

Dzt66
29-05-12, 22:14
Hugs. I know the feelings of just wanting to go in a room and cry by yourself about health anxiety. Or just take some tylenol PM so I can sleep without a chattering mind. You are not alone.

Magic
29-05-12, 22:20
Sending hugs to you Laura:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Jules147
30-05-12, 01:53
I am not going to give (cyber) hugs because in your situation they are as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

Gush won't allow you to escape from your suffering but reason and knowledge will.

That incredibly tense neck of yours is classic fight/flight response to a (perceived) threat from a predator. Your spine is most vulnerable in your neck to attack. Imagine being preyed upon by a lion. You run, it catches you and it goes for your neck in order to take out your spinal chord at its weakest point. Once your spinal chord has been snapped you are completely defenseless and will be a nice tasty meal. Have you seen the wildlife documentaries where the lion or cheetah takes out a gazelle or a zebra? It goes for the neck. Your defense mechanism is to tighten the neck muscles in an attempt to protect your spine. The muscles tighten up so much that your neck can hardly move.

I had this last year and it was awful. I had the same fears as you. Relief first came when my Mum told me that it happened to my Dad when over-zealous regulators were threatening to close down his business. It happened to me because I was suffering from anxiety, just like you.

When my therapist explained to me why my neck.was tensing up it eased, as did the accompanying headache. This was last August. The tension melted away and I haven't had it since. The knowledge of this mechanism brought tears to my eyes, such was the release of tension.

I hope peace finds you with this knowledge.

---------- Post added 30-05-12 at 00:07 ---------- Previous post was 29-05-12 at 23:59 ----------

PS: the lightheadeness is caused by hyperventilation accompanying the perceived threat. You can hyperventilate quietly btw. This isn't a TV soap, you are not Tanya on Eastenders.

---------- Post added at 01:53 ---------- Previous post was at 00:07 ----------

Just looking quickly at your other posts I note that you have a good supportive husband just as I have a fantastic wife who gave me all the hugs I needed (+massages of those tense neck and back muscles when I was suffering) but do you have anyone else you can turn to, friends and family, not random strangers on the web?

When I had my first CBT asessment that was one question that was asked of me.

gem7
30-05-12, 15:42
here is a big hug from me :hugs:

Dnvgraphics2k12
30-05-12, 15:46
Hugs :) xxxxxx

lauraebowes
30-05-12, 19:33
thank you everyone xxxxxx

---------- Post added at 19:33 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------

excellent jules147 about the neck thing xx

katielou80
30-05-12, 19:50
big hugs. i feel exactly the same. worry about my health as soon as i open my eyes in the morning xx