PDA

View Full Version : Having a panic attack i think...help

Pacific
29-05-12, 21:17
I need some help:weep::weep:... I've been doing better but after a bad/anxious day i sometimes feel VERY VERY surreal, my heart starts beating very fast, i start sweating and shaking and i feel like i'm losing my mind at any moment, then i think weird stuff like 'ohh im rly alive, im really here' then i get this horrible adrenaline rush and feel sick to my stomach and for 30 seconds i'm 100% convinced im going crazy and im losing it and this is the end of everything.. and i get this HORRIBLE feeling..like it feels the world around me dissapears and everything feels soo unreal and scary..the worst feeling in the world and i just want to run to my room and calm down..it's so scary and intense when it's over and im calmed down i feel like i survived and i cant believe my mind could handle such overwhelming feelings...does anyone else have panic attacks that feel this terrifying:weep:?

I been diagnosed with anxiety/panic and i feel dp/dr and anxiety all day i feel so strange..

Can anyone relate to this? i feel so alone:weep:

Stormsky
29-05-12, 21:32
I think most of us will relate to all those symptoms. I make sure I distract myself when I get any scary thoughts, don't spend time dwelling on it, it is just anxiety and your not losing it

anx mum
29-05-12, 21:38
I need some help:weep::weep:... I've been doing better but after a bad/anxious day i sometimes feel VERY VERY surreal, my heart starts beating very fast, i start sweating and shaking and i feel like i'm losing my mind at any moment, then i think weird stuff like 'ohh im rly alive, im really here' then i get this horrible adrenaline rush and feel sick to my stomach and for 30 seconds i'm 100% convinced im going crazy and im losing it and this is the end of everything.. and i get this HORRIBLE feeling..like it feels the world around me dissapears and everything feels soo unreal and scary..the worst feeling in the world and i just want to run to my room and calm down..it's so scary and intense when it's over and im calmed down i feel like i survived and i cant believe my mind could handle such overwhelming feelings...does anyone else have panic attacks that feel this terrifying:weep:?

Can anyone relate to this? i feel so alone:weep:

Sounds like your having a panic attack hun your not going crazy try to calm down make a cup of tea with sugar and breath slowly. Yes ive had panic on and off since 17 im now 33 the attacks are so scary but they will pass keep saying that to yourself.

xvolatileheart
29-05-12, 23:01
Those are exactly how my panic attacks are. It really is the worst feeling in the world, isn't it? Once I had a few of those and realized they weren't going to kill me, I started to fear them less and now, I hardly get them. I'll get little weird feelings, like an adrenaline rush out of nowhere or my heart thumping or a sudden feeling of dread, but I know it's just panic so I don't usually go into a full blown attack.

Please ask a doctor or therapist for advice, and it will get better.

Pacific
30-05-12, 11:20
thanks... i thought i was doing better..does anyone get same panic as me - sometimes sudden, how do you not freak out ;o?

blue moon
30-05-12, 12:34
Hello,Panic attacks are very frightening and not all peoples panic is same the most important thing is to get breathing under control,they can come on anytime.Try and visualise somewhere that feels safe and calm...I hope you get it under control and relax.
Love Petra x:)