PDA

View Full Version : I give up

lleksam
29-05-12, 23:40
Hey,

I've been suffering from depression for almost 1 year now and I feel like I'm done with trying...Nothing I seem to do helps and I just feel dead and tired of this life.

Sigh I know this is a downer I just need to let off some steam but I really can't see any light at the end of the tunnel.

I just started a new med and it doesn't seem to be doing anything and I just constantly think back to the person I was and how happy and content I was and now I have nothing and my health anxiety has destroyed my very soul and my reality.

I either need to check myself into hospital or .. well you know.

:(

Beckybooboo
30-05-12, 01:51
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through. Fighting depression is always an undoubtedly hard thing and I can totally sympathize along with many others about what you're going through.

I do understand that you're doing the right thing at the moment by trying the medication, but what you must always remember is that these things take time to work. Depending on the tablets, the person and the situation, it can take sometimes longer or shorter periods of times for you to be able to feel the benefits. So, don't give up because you know that good things will come out of this.

I find that sometimes reminiscing when you're going through depression for some people can be a very difficult thing to do as you are taken back to a good stage at your life which unfortunately, you're not at at the moment. I do feel that what you should do is maybe start planning for the future. Think of all of the things you'd like to do and things that you can achieve.

With your depression and re-discovering yourself, I find that by meditating it gives you an awesome ability to reflect on who you REALLY are and not the depression. I suggest going on YouTube and searching guided meditation and you will really feel the benefits if you stick to it and keep at it.

I do find that if you're planning on visiting your GP, it would be a good idea to do so and also look into counselling as this may be a good thing for you to speak to someone who doesn't know you and clear up a lot of this hurt, anguish and pain.

I really do wish you the best of luck and hope that you're going to be okay.

If you need anything, then give me a shout.

All the best,
Becky