PDA

View Full Version : First time at Chiropractors. Can anyone put my mind at rest?

xfilme
30-05-12, 12:51
Ive never been to a Chiropractor before, and naturally Im afraid of pain and things going wrong... which is very naive I know.

Can anyone give me some words of reassurance who has tried it before?

Going in an hour and a half :S

swgrl09
30-05-12, 14:16
Hi, I know not all chiropracters are the same so I cannot know if yours will be like this, but the one I went to never hurt me at all. He did not do any "cracking" or anything, and all the manipulations were so gentle I did not even notice them. I went for neck and upper back problems. He had basically what looked like a massage bed. He would also do what felt like a massage, it was quite relaxing and then sometimes an ultrasound treatment, which felt nice. I NEVER had a painful experience with that doctor.

I hope you have a similar experience!

Jsp
30-05-12, 17:00
You will be completely fine, try not to worry. I know with some problems they sometimes have to force a bone or something back into position; this happened with my mum, one of her ribs was slightly out of place and was causing her pain. Chiropractors may do the same but for your back, but although this is very rare, and the pain will literally only last a second or two.

Normally they do small manipulations and other treatments to help relieve the pain and treat the problem. They will do nothing which you do not wish to be done :)