PDA

View Full Version : concerned about anemia

sebinkent
30-05-12, 14:18
I haven't been on here for a while and have been doing well but for the last few days I have been slightly obsessed with the fear of having anemia. I stupidly looked up the symptoms online and I have a few of them.. palpitations, shortness of breath, feeling tired, bags under my eyes..
I'm not obviously bleeding from anywhere and I have always had a good diet (plenty of iron and other minerals and vitamins)

Am I just being paranoid?

I don't want to have a blood test just because I'm worried about yet another illness...

Thanks.

smogie
30-05-12, 15:17
hi i have just been diagnosed with anaemia and had no sypmtoms apart from a little lethargy however since having the test am convinced i have everything under the sun and am really struggling with my anxiety through this. i had stool test which was clear so am now just trying to deal with the anxiety im sure you arnt anaemic as you have a healthy diet |( which i dont) unless you have bad periods? its probably just your anxiety making you feel these things as i had no symptoms before the diagnosis but loads after!!!!! Take care

sebinkent
30-05-12, 16:51
Bad periods is not something I have to deal with because I'm a man...
Thanks for the post - I'm sure it's just my over-active imagination and wrong way of thinking as usual...

Do you have anemia simply because of a bad diet then?

Take care.

smogie
30-05-12, 17:13
ooops sorry well he cant really say why but they were two of the reasons he suggested but i am still worried it is something else:weep:

Pipkin
30-05-12, 18:51
Hi Seb,

I'd say good to see you on here if it were for more positive reasons!

I think you know the answer to your own question. All the symptoms you're describing are common with anxiety so, if your GP's diagnosed this before, it's highly unlikely to be anaemia. I understand how worrying it is though when you get an idea in your mind and can't forget it. That awful feeling in your stomach and sense of doom can be a real nightmare.

Try your best to distract yourself (I hear painting's good!) and realise that you'd have different symptoms to normal if your symptoms weren't anxiety related.

Take care

Pip (A) x