PDA

View Full Version : smear test next week

Hypo
30-05-12, 14:45
And I'm scared. Not of the procedure, but the results.

I had one three years ago and it came back with mild abnormalities, I had a biopsy and they said there was no HPV and it would go back to normal, so come back in three years. I triple checked that I shouldn't be seen earlier but because they ruled out HPV they said it was just slight changes that happens all the time, especially as I had a baby 4 months before.

Three years later and I get the letter through my door. The letter said it was time for my three year check and because of my last results it's very important I attend.

Of course the wording has made me have a panic attack. My GP also called them last year as I was worrying and the smear test centre said that I needed to go back to three yearly smear tests and there was no mix up and I didn't need to be seen earlier due to my biopsy results.

What if I have cancer? what if the nurse sees that my cervix is rotting away when she does the test?

How will I get through the next 6-8 weeks?

katielou80
30-05-12, 19:54
i was thinking this three years ago too. but it was all fine. i was convienced i had cervical cancer. now ive had the all clear from that in feb. im thinking i have ovarian cancer now, thats at a late stage. due to bloating at xmas, that went! and now backache!! surely the bloating wouldnt have gone away right??? surely if i did have there would have been some bad cells on my cervix right??? im so worried right now. and cant eat due to worry x you will be fine! xx