PDA

View Full Version : scared

jaded jean
30-05-12, 16:26
I went to the docs today-not my usual doc who helped me thru my breakdown but a temp. I was there for my meds review.
He did the full exam bit b/p weight dosage of meds etc. He mentioned my weight -didnt seem phased thast I am on a weight loss programme and have lost a stone. my bp was thru the roof by this time he has now booked me for a 24 hour monitor and fasting blood test+cholesterol. I had these done the end of 2010-cholesterol 4.2 which is damn good my bp is up because probably the way he addressed the situation -he also wants me to think about reducing the dosage level?? why cant I stay on them I am leading a normal life for goodness sakes .
All this to get my repeat prescription and to top it all I am still woozy -my bp has dropped tho

Baggs
31-05-12, 09:10
Hi Jean,
If what you are doing is working for you, then you must insist on staying on your current dose. There are so many stories of docs interfering and getting it wrong. You know what's best for you. All the best.

Baggs xxx

Anxious_gal
31-05-12, 09:44
Was the doctor rude ?
From my experience medical staff can be rude even if you're on the slim side!
Also my friend had a delay in getting a diagnoises because the doctors assumed she had been binge eating and drinking!

Well done for losing a stone :)
I hope you get good results from your next tests .

littleredhen
31-05-12, 09:52
poor you. I have MAJOR problem with going to the doctors. I have Doctor Anxiety :wacko: and I have always had "white-coat hypertension" . in the end I got my own blood pressure measuring machine and regularly take my own at home to show the doctor because in the doctors it's always at least a third higher. In fact, I generally have LOW bp. The machines are not that expensive to buy these days and it might be a worthwhile investment. But if money is a bit tight, then your doctor's surgery should be able to put you on a waiting list to borrow one to use at home for a while. Perhaps you can ask about this.

http://www.firstaidwarehouse.co.uk/xpl-omron.html?_$ja=kw:omron+blood+pressure+machine|cg n:Omron|cgid:616364519|tsid:7222|cn:Manual+%7c%7c+ Blood+Pressure+Monitors+%7c%7c+Generics|cid:903190 07|lid:7202917750|mt:e|crid:526924727

these are the same as they use in my doctors now.

losin
31-05-12, 09:58
i'd ask to see another doctor. i had sever ocd when i was pregnant with my son and the doctor i saw a few days before delivery but my prozac out altogether as he said he didn't agree with pregnant women taking medication :ohmy:
i asked to see another doctor who was horrified that i'd been expected to go cold turkey just before having a baby. if you're happy on the dosage you're on and you know in your own mind you won't manage on a lesser dosage then kick up a stink. good luck :)

JT69
02-06-12, 11:49
Hi Jean,

I wouldnt worry too much about it...if only to ease your mind make an appointment with your regular doctor and discuss how you are feeling with him. He knows what you went through and saw you when you were like it!!

Honestly sometimes these doctors get it so wrong!!! You were probably made worse due to the reaction from him.

If you are happy as you are then why change things??

Take care of you.

Jo.xx

messianictalmud
02-06-12, 15:00
You could also raise the issue Jean with the practice manager cause if locums are messing things up that regular docs have put in place then they need to know.