PDA

View Full Version : thought i was gna die

faxfire29
30-05-12, 20:59
Hi guys and girls, im new today to this forum and ive had a good look around and im pleasantly suprised how informative and friendly it is.
Well my name is Danny and im 33 nxt month, ive always thought i had a heart condition but never looked into it, ive always thought my dropped beats, rapid heart rate and palputations were kinda normal but this monday was the scariest day of my life.
I was at the hairdresses when all of a sudden during my monthly chop...i started to panic, ive had this feeling b4 but ive managed to surpress it. but this time there was no getting away. i got a sudden rush of adrenalin and started to hyperventilate, sweat, rapid heart increase, pins and needles in my feet and hands, couldnt breathe properly. tightness across my chest, stars in my eyes, light headed, dry mouthed, dredded feeling i was going to die at any minute, and i had no control over any of it, so they called me an ambulance, when they arrived they hooked me up to the monitor and it went 170-200- 210 bpm then suddenly dropped a huge beat about 4 times so they rushed me to hospital, when i got there they took 4 ecg.s 4 blood samples and chest xrays, the attacks came and went for about 4 hrs then stopped. and i was released after an over nite stay, to return the next day, to get a 24hr ecg monitor fitted. there were no bad results back and everything turned out to be normal with me. gta say im terrified that this will happen again to me.

has this happened to anyone else?...and how should i go about helping myslelf shoild it happen again...should i be calling 999?

thankx

nomorepanic
30-05-12, 21:10
Hi faxfire29

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

faxfire29
30-05-12, 21:19
thankyou Nicola :-)