PDA

View Full Version : Rash - caused by heat??

rb1978
31-05-12, 12:32
This may sound a strange question but can u get a rash from your clothes in warm weather?? I went out for a day out yesterday. It was baking hot in the car driving back and it was about a 2 hour drive. When I got home I had a pink rash that looked a little bit raised where the waistband of my trousers had been - they had been digging in a bit round the waist.

It lasted for hours and covered a big band-like area though it has gone this morning and everything is back to normal.

I'm kind of panicking cos I had some anti-biotics that made me feel nauseous a week ago and now I've convinced myself this is some big allergic reaction. I'm also panicking cos it's coming up to a bank holiday and the doctors will be shut if I suddenly get majorly ill.

I feel ok on myself (apart from panicking) and the rash has gone.

Has anyone had anything similar in the heat? I'm just wondering if its possible that caused it?

swgrl09
31-05-12, 12:36
My skin always gets red in the heat and docs have told me it's no big deal. Just annoying. But yours sounds more like your skin was just irritated by the pants. I have to drive a few hours once in a while to see family and if I have jeans on or something I will get irritated skin. I wouldn't worry, esp since it went away.

---------- Post added at 07:36 ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 ----------

Also any major allergic reaction to a drug would happen right away and not after you have finished the course