PDA

View Full Version : Two teeth out tomorrow!

Purple Fish
31-05-12, 20:26
Hi,

I've managed (I think) to get over my dentist phobia seeing as though I now have fixed braces top and bottom!! Thought I'd never have the guts to go through this treatment but I changed dentists nearly a year ago and felt much better after having a bad experience with my previous one.

As part of my treatment I have got to have two teeth removed tomorrow to make more room as I have too many teeth at the bottom!!

Basically I'm nervous as I haven't had a tooth out in 26 years!!

I could do with some words of encourage from anyone who has been through the same and been fine. I'm having this done at the dentist with a local anaesthetic.

Thanks! :unsure:

CrazyC
01-06-12, 00:24
You will be fine! :) I avoided the dentist for 15 years but last year had a tooth out and this year had to go to hospital to have one out. Both user local. It just feels a little strange an uncomfortable but then it's fine. Goodluck if I can do it anyone can.

swgrl09
01-06-12, 01:11
You will be just fine! It's not as bad as it sounds. I have had 8 teeth out (4 at a time twice) because I have such a small mouth. The worst part for me was that I don't like the feeling of being numb, but it will wear off by the end of the day. Second worst part for me was the holes in my gums after until they healed up - I had dissolving stitches, but honestly it wasn't that it hurt but rather was just annoying to keep food out of.

Good luck! Use it as an excuse to eat a lot of ice cream :)

Purple Fish
01-06-12, 07:16
Thanku!! Yes I will be getting some ice cream!! My appointment is at 10.30 this morning and I don't feel too bad at the moment, that may change once I get in the chair!

Purple Fish
01-06-12, 14:47
Just to let you know....all done and wasn't too bad, yay!!

pinkdove
01-06-12, 15:20
well done you !!!!

Purple Fish
01-06-12, 18:16
Thanks!!! :D