PDA

View Full Version : This is new...dont feel like im dying for once!

anxietyoverload
01-06-12, 10:05
Since my health anxiety started, i cant remember one time that there has been something wrong with me and been able to just shrug if off!

But at the min, im having a period when i shoulnt be and i can honestly say im not worried that its cancer, or anything serious! im not saying that if its still there in a week i wont be worried, but right now i feel like i can just let it happen and not run to my docs!

I cant tell you how good it feels! when my anxiety flares up i dont feel like i can be happy and do things i want to! but tonight im going out with my other half and i cant wait!

Todays a good day!! x

MaryMac
01-06-12, 10:29
Glad to hear you're feeling good today! I've been lucky, since around March my health anxiety is now back down to almost zero, since I convinced myself I had leukemia/lymphoma, I'd probably be pretty sick or dead by now! :D Enjoy it and try to keep it up for a few days! :)

Jules147
01-06-12, 11:32
Where's me chart....

Thinking about CBT techniques of balancing negative thoughts with positive ones, assesing the true likelihood of there being anything seriously wrong versus there not being, practising slower, deeper breathing keeps the dark thoughts at bay, in part because you know have at your disposal the means of keeping them there.

xfilme
01-06-12, 12:56
I can totally relate. Its like, I obsess over the thought I might be ill, yet when I actually am ill, i have no health anxiety.

anxietyoverload
01-06-12, 13:12
Haha i totally agree! if i was throwing my guts up, i wouldnt think twce about it! xx