PDA

View Full Version : ST johns wort !!!!!!!!!!!!

imported_n/a
22-05-04, 20:15
hi all,,i wondered if anyone could post some personal experinces on st johns wort,,because i was badly advised at my local health food store,,i started taking a one a day cap mixture,,"""st johns wort,,ginko biloba ,,and ginseng"""the st johns wort seemed to work initially took away the depessive symptoms but then started getting really really bad anxiety attacks which is what i partly blame for my agraphobia,,because after doing some research of my own found that ginseng actually promotes anxiety so i soon stopped taking them ,,,hence the trouble now ,,but what i am really after is some personal experiences on st john wort its self alone ,,,,anyone help cause i would like to start taking that rather than prescribed meds,,,cheers xx
darrenxxxx[8D]

""HAPPINESS IS ALWAYS THERE UNDERNEATH THE ANGER AND DESPAIR""

Meg
22-05-04, 20:35
Do you need it ?

Try www.sjwinfo.org

Meg

nomorepanic
22-05-04, 20:41
Darren

Loads of posts on here about it. Enter st johns wort in the search box at the top of the screen

Nicola

twister
22-05-04, 21:23
I thought St John's Wort was more for depression. The best thing I ever tried for anxiety was Kava Kava which unfortunately is withdrawn from sale in the UK. This is because there were reports of people suffering liver problems on it - although this was far rarer than liver problems experienced on prescribed meds. It was quite a controversy with lots of accusations of big drug companies campaigning against it as it worked so well!

I believe you can still buy it on the internet from America if you wanted to though.

The other thing which you can still buy in Boots in Valerian - which is often described as 'natures valium'

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

nomorepanic
22-05-04, 21:38
I take Valerian to help me sleep.

It works some days and not others.

Nicola

imported_n/a
23-05-04, 08:55
hi meg ,,i think i could do with something because fighting the anxiety and
agraphobia it really is taking all my energy and posivity,,thank you meg xx
xxdarrenxx

imported_n/a
23-05-04, 09:00
hi nic thanks i will look that upxxx

hi enily,,i do seem to be getting a lttle down fighting this at the minute em and you are right it is primarily for deppession which is what i was gonna take it for but it is supposed to help treat anxiety also,,,and i have heard so many glowing reports about that kava kava any ideas on the site where i could purchase some??
thanks emilyxxdarrenxxx

twister
23-05-04, 12:03
Try here Darren

http://www.kavakava.org.uk/

Emily

imported_n/a
26-05-04, 21:29
hi emily thanks for that i think i will give it a go,,,cheers

xxxdarrenxx

pauline
27-05-04, 10:01
Hi Emily

Thanks for that i went to that site and have ordered some Kava kava
no harm in trying it. Do you still take it?

Tkae care
Pauline

twister
27-05-04, 10:31
Only when I need to now, I took some before my exam the other day and it worked!

Emily