PDA

View Full Version : Ear/brain tumour worries

sandy35
02-06-12, 09:33
Hi! My anxiety has got worse again over the last month. I am currently sufferinf from dizzyness and an off balance feeling. I went to the doctors on monday and was told that there was an infection by my ear drum so was given nasal spray for it. I also had my meds upped from 80mg propanolol to 120mg due to my increased anxiety. I also expressed concerns of a brain tumour due to the dizziness which the doctor did her best to reassure me that I haven't got a brain tumour. I then requested to have a ct scan to put my mind at rest and she refused. I then went back on thursday and saw another doctor who told me I could possibly have an inner ear infection and he gave me betahistamine. I am really scared at the moment of this off balance feeling and think there might be more of a serious problem with my ears or a brain tumour. My anxiety has really increased and I'm at the end of my tether as think I'm going to pass out. Other symptoms I'm getting is head/ear pressure, indigestion, tremors in hands. This is causing me problems and taking over my life. The doctor has reffered me to mental health services who I'm seeing on 26th june. Everyone is constantly reassuring me that this isn't serious but I'm not convinced.

amyg82
02-06-12, 11:06
I also suffer dizzyness, off balance feeling when my anxiety is high, and brain tumour has also crossed my mind. It's awful even reassurance from the doctors still doesn't help! It really sounds like it is your ear infection causing the dizzyness though, you just need to believe the doctors but i know it is hard!

sandy35
02-06-12, 18:41
Thanks amyg82. It should be a compliment that the doctor has given me a clean bill of health (apart from the ear infection and anxiety of course) but you can't help but worry. I have actually been slightly calmer after I wrote on here this morning and only a bit of dizzyness all day. I have managed to get out the house today unlike yesterday and go to a local festival this afternoon which I'm happy I did. Just got to remember not to panic about the dizzyness but its easier said than done.

amyg82
02-06-12, 19:02
I know it's really hard, but we have to keep going out and try not to avoid anything due to anxiety as it makes you worse and will turn into agrophobia. Well done for getting out, i took my children out to the local farm but felt so anxious but got to keep going! xxx