PDA

View Full Version : Just introducing myself!

mad_hatter
11-07-06, 19:34
Hi all

I've been browsing the forum for a bit but just decided to join now.

Basically, I have suffered from generalised anxiety, depression and 'pure O' on and off for three years now. It all started in my second year of uni - I'm not entirely sure why it started. I began getting the occassional panic attack, which the doctor said would pass...then after the first semester exams I started with a tension headache and a constant feeling of anxiety that didn't shift for months. I got to the point where I had no appetite and couldn't sleep at all, despite desperately wanting to. I couldn't relax, I would cry a lot, I was shaking, couldn't focus on my uni work, and had an insane fear that I would hurt my parents (only later found out this was a symptom of OCD).

I was eventually prescribed citalopram which I stayed on for a year then tapered off. I have since relapsed twice, and am back on citalopram. I'm at my wits end with the anxiety, I cant help ruminating about it and wondering if I'll get worse or go mad - I just cant seem to switch off from it. I've joined the forum to find out if anyone else has had similar thoughts and experiences and just for a bit of reassurance from people really.

So there you go, thats my story in a nutshell!

Children_of_God
11-07-06, 19:59
hiya, welcome to the forum, i've only been here for about four days and every ones is so nice and helpful. take care, shellie xxx. :D

Daisybun
11-07-06, 20:16
Hi and welcome to the forum. You'll find lots of help and support here. I'm on citalopram too, today was my first day of feeling good on it, yippee!!!!!

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

polly daydream
11-07-06, 20:16
Hi and welcome to the forum, hope you find the site of some comfort as I and many others do.

Best wishes,

Polly

chucklehound
11-07-06, 20:38
Welome to the forum

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

nomorepanic
11-07-06, 21:20
Hi and welcome aboard

Lovely to see you here and hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

manmoor
11-07-06, 22:33
Hi,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care
Mandy

xx

jillyb
11-07-06, 22:47
Hi and welcome. I have only just joined myself and already I feel I have some soulmates. I hate being anxious, it's like walking on a tightrope, sometimes you can walk along it fine, then something starts to wobble it and down you come! I am sure we will find a lot of support here. Good Luck.

EebyJeeby
12-07-06, 00:08
Hi mad_hatter,

Glad you decided to take the plunge and join the forum. You will find a lot of support here.

Eeb x

giddy
12-07-06, 06:59
Hello and welcome to the forum
love Helen

wobily_lin
12-07-06, 08:07
Hi and a big welcome to the site. Great support on here and good advice too.

Take care,

Lin.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hayles
12-07-06, 09:00
Hi and a very big welcome to you

Hay x

chedda
12-07-06, 10:34
Hia and welcome :D
Know you will find loads of help and support on here and it helps to know your not alone have these feelings
take care cheryl xx

trac67
12-07-06, 15:40
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nick_london
12-07-06, 16:25
[quote]Hi all

Hallo, mate. I'm going through it myself at the moment - it's symptoms, not 'you'.

My advice would be get to the doctor, explain how bad it is and get some medicine that will sedate - your mind needs sleep to begin recovery.

I'm a newbie here myself.

mad_hatter
12-07-06, 21:38
Hi Guys

Thank you for your kind responses, you've made me feel very welcome :D

Karen
12-07-06, 21:41
Hi

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey