PDA

View Full Version : When Do You Know To See A Doctor?

Breezay
02-06-12, 16:37
I've been through therapy with my anxiety & the guy mostly focussed on my HA, even though I've not just got HA. Anyway, I found it not helpful at all. And the guy was so condescending :( He told me that my fears were a bit silly.. When they're not. I mean, my fear of blood clots comes from being overweight, taking the Pill and not being terribly active. Not a stupid fear. Or the fact that I have a rule.. People are not to cough on me. I yell at them if they do. That's not a stupid rule. It's common sense, surely?! I mean, who the hell coughs on people & thinks that's not rude?? Ugh.

There are aspects of my anxiety that are out of control, especially my HA. It's just.. I never know where the line is & the guy was no help with that either. I mean, I regularly get chest pains (Drs can't find a reason for it, I've put it down to acid/gas).. But was I wrong to get it checked out?

When do you know to see a professional & when to be stern with them? What makes you think that line needs to be crossed & that it's not just your HA tricking you?

messianictalmud
02-06-12, 18:07
Hi Breezy your right people who cough on people are being rude and helping top spread germs.
I would ask to see a different therapist.
Also can I assure you that slim people also can get blood clotts, I am overweight myself at present am on anticoagulant therapy for life but I have seen loads of slim people with blood clotts.
Also I have found that doctors are very good at treating blood clotts.