PDA

View Full Version : please help me

darcy
02-06-12, 21:08
hi all..... i'm in such a state tonight.... please read this and tell me what you think...

back in october i had a couple of dizzy spells in 2 days.. i felt like someone had whipped the floor out from under me but at the same time i felt really heavy like i was weighted down, only lasted about 30 seconds but went into a full blown panic. that night my right ear was very sensitive to noise and i even had to turn the t.v off cause it was banging in my ear...

then..... last month i had the same dizzy spells, just 2 in a day and the next morning my right ear felt full and a bit blocked for about an hour....

then...... on wednesday just gone i was sat down and started to feel all heavy and dizzy... i got up and just had to get out of the room i was in as i thought i was gonna colapse.... it lasted a little bit longer and then i had it again that evening while i was making dinner.... no floor whipping, just dizzy and heavy.... the next morning my ear felt full and weird again for about an hour......

ive made an appointment for the drs on friday but im absolutely beside myself hes gonna want to send me for cat scans etc because hes gonna think i have a brain tumour or ms.......

ive stopped going out with friends and im worried about going far incase it happens again.... whats wrong with me?? :weep:

Dzt66
02-06-12, 21:46
Sinus infections or even just having fluid in your ear can cause you to be dizzy or feel like you are going to pass out.

Lindy
02-06-12, 22:49
Urgh dizzy spells are horrible. Had so many of them, everytime I was 100~% sure I was going to collapse. The whole world just went into a spin. Mine were induced by not breathing properly I think, not relaxing my stomach and breathing normally. Hope you are feeling better soon x

saab
02-06-12, 22:57
The fluid in your ear canal affects balance, so an ear infection could easily cause dizziness. That might be enough to bring on a panic attack. I don't think what you have described are symptoms of MS or a brain tumour. If he sends you for tests, all the better as it will put your mind at rest I'm sure. More likely he will look in your ears for infection.

My friend gets dizzy spells around the start of her period, so this could be an issue too.