PDA

View Full Version : Always seem to have a cold

Deepest Blue
03-06-12, 11:56
Hi,

Hopefully someone can relate.

I seem to have a cold all year round no matter what the weather I'm always blocked or bunged up. I can tell when it's hay fever but thankfully I've not had those symptoms yet this year.

Can having anxiety cause this simply because the immune system is low? Other than that I'm generally healthy but just seems really odd that I've always got a cold.

Thanks for reading.

sirworryalot
03-06-12, 20:18
do you smoke? that saps your vitamin c - if you do make sure you take a supplement...better still stop!...:)

this sounds like chronic sinisitus - you may need antibiotics - could also be migraine....what it wont be is anything serious....more of a annoyance for you.:)

kittikat
03-06-12, 20:45
Hi D,

It sounds like you could be a little run down. I know in the months leading up to my breakdown, (when I was trying to 'carry on regardless) I remember feeling ill nearly all the time....coughs, colds, headaches, no energy, aching muscles etc. If you are under a lot of stress or on the go all the time, it could be your body's way of telling you to take some 'time out'. Be careful you are not over-doing it. My advice would be to take some time out to re-charge the batteries and have a chat with your doctor about it. I know that once I stopped (and I really had to) I felt so much better and apart from the anxiety, I have felt really well ever since.

Take care, look after yourself.....
Kitti :)

Deepest Blue
03-06-12, 21:43
Hi and thanks so much for the replies.

No I don't smoke but it's also true that I don't eat healthily therefore probably not getting the right vitamins, this is a bad habbit I've developed over the years since cooking for myself I've become lazy :(

K, you're right and you have said this to me before about needing time out and so on. Easier said than done though. I have booked some time off but that won't come until December.

I did go to the doctor recently for a check up and did mention it to him, I'm going to have a blood test for all the usual things like sugar levels and so on...

Thanks again for the replies x

PinkRoxy
04-06-12, 06:45
It could be a mixture of sinus and colds. Sinus symptoms can mimick cold symptoms.

Ill tell you what I use to be just like you always blocked nose and runny nose all year round couldnt seem to get rid of it and then I started taking flixonase everyday and now my nose is all good. My only problem now is reoccuring sore throats.

Lizziesaurus
04-06-12, 20:18
I was run down when I was vegetarian, I assume as I wasn't getting the right stuff in my diet, I had a terrible diet when I was single!! chips and cheese every night pretty much :O

When I was depressed I was run down alot more though, and tend to feel worse when things aren't right upstairs. Maybe try some vitamins? I can't say they will work but that's cos I never took them for long enough!

blue moon
05-06-12, 13:14
Hi I know how you feel I seem to have had this cold that seem like forever,had my 3month bloods done last week and have low platelet count.My husband is away so will have wait till he get home to explain what that means,hope you start to feel better soon.......Love Petra x:flowers:

swgrl09
05-06-12, 18:14
You may want to get tested for allergies, they can develop at any time. I went through this last year. I thought I was constantly getting sick because my nose was always stuffy and every so often I'd get a sinus infection. Got tested and it turns out I have moderate allergies to dust, mold, cats, dogs, grass, trees, etc. Enough mild/moderate allergies at the same time added up to those symptoms for me.

Deepest Blue
05-06-12, 19:09
Thanks again for the replies, very useful stuff to take in.

Allergies was another thought I had and if the blood test I'm going to take doesn't show anything then it will be the next thing to look at.

I should look into taking vitamins as well, anything that could potentially help me.

LizzyLou
18-02-13, 01:21
I suffer from colds all the time too it's annoying hate being ill :'( hope u feel better soon hugs

Lilyblue
18-02-13, 19:23
Try taking Berocca vitamins. I seem to get colds every often too even comes with a tickly throat. Have no idea why I'm prone to them, it's like if someone coughs near my face I end up ill yet I never catch bugs.. Also when I get a cold it affect my bowels (which is weird) as end up spending a lot of time on loo (tmi).

Ritika
07-07-14, 15:28
Hi,

Hopefully someone can relate.

I seem to have a cold all year round no matter what the weather I'm always blocked or bunged up. I can tell when it's hay fever but thankfully I've not had those symptoms yet this year.

Can having anxiety cause this simply because the immune system is low? Other than that I'm generally healthy but just seems really odd that I've always got a cold.

Thanks for reading.

I have the same problem.. and yes you are right it is because of anxiety and our immune system has become weaker:unsure::weep: