PDA

View Full Version : Are you happy and content with your life?

hannah26
03-06-12, 19:50
Hello,

Ok so lately something has been playing on my mind quite a lot, I have health anxiety quite badly I think about being ill a lot of the time and if I have any "symptoms" I immediately assume the worst, Like a lot of us do I should imagine.
The thing is at the moment I do not have much of a life, I don't work, I don't have any friends and I stay in nearly all the time, I always feel that if I had a better social and work life I wouldn't think about anxiety and panic as much. I know this because I was virtually free from from it all for years when I had an active busy life, I used to have an occasional bad bad panic attack but I could deal with it because it wasnt often and I was usually so busy i didnt have time to panic.
I wanted to know how many people who have panic and anxiety have full and active lives and are happy apart from the anxiety or do a lot of people feel that there lives could be better and they are not entirely happy. I just wanted to see if there is some sort of connection between feeling happy/unhappy and anxiety.

Thanks
Hannah x x

Lindy
03-06-12, 20:08
I think it can go both ways, I am OVER busy, I never have free time. Right now I should be studying! I work and study, but don't really have time for a social life. I suffer with HA from time to time and agoraphobia (must have exits!!) but work, go on holiday (panic on planes, guaranteed) etc. I don't even have time for tv. I have every weekend booked up from mid june to mid september. I think that I keep myself so busy because actually I'd have to stop and think about how I feel. Sometimes it comes out anyway :) Usually, if it needs to, it will, irrespective of how busy I am and usually at an inconvenient time -like there is ever a good time to be anxious!