PDA

View Full Version : Agoraphobia! What Agoraphobia?!

artisticrender
04-06-12, 00:37
It has been a while since I have posted anything here on NMP so I figured seeing as I have been making leaps and bounds towards a full recovery it was high time I gave back to the members of the NMP forum.

For those unfamiliar with my story; A few years back I had difficulties with depression and social anxiety which after a long string of unfortunate circumstances developed into a case full blown agoraphobia.

Well after a year of therapy and a couple more on citalapram I would consider myself relatively healed and back to normal life. It hasn't been roses and sunshine, however. In fact it has been a long personal battle, struggling with my anxiety the whole way.

At its worst my agoraphobia would stop me from leaving my bedroom to go for a shower. However, in recent months I have taken countless bus journeys, long walks, rekindled my love for basketball in which I visit the courts as often as I can, I have finally been able to get a tattoo and I have also been able to fly to visit friends and family. I'm ecstatic. :D

To those whose suffering is much worse than mine at the moment. There is light at the end of the tunnel you just have to be willing to battle for it. Its not easy but you'll get there.

roz1
06-06-12, 15:10
Way to go - superb news :-)

Corinnep
18-06-12, 21:40
Aww brill news, hopefully Im to be along the same war path to gain them end results! :)

bottleblond
18-06-12, 21:56
Omg well done you!!!!! :yahoo:

Congratulations and keep up the good work!

Lisa
x