PDA

View Full Version : well this is me:

socij
04-06-12, 07:44
Hi I'm Sian and as you can probably guess I have an anxiety disorder, well, more than just one. I have GAD, OCD, phobias and social anxiety. I have had it all my life partly from my family history and partly from my past. I've gotten so bad that I couldn't graduate high school and I can't hold down a job. I'm in therapy, but I figured this site might help too. My biggest fear is that I will always be this way, seeing as I've been struggling with it for years and years... It's been really hard.

Oh, and I've been on all sorts of medications and have multiple therapists (the one I have now is finally starting me on CBT, so that's good) I'm 18 right now, soon to be 19 and I'm captain caution and super sympathetic. I LOATH spiders, but I can't kill them because I feel too bad about it. :P I have a hard time with people cause I'm so worried for them and about offending them, and I typically will do anything I can to help someone or something. I'm a little crazy, but some of that I do like about myself. =]

nomorepanic
04-06-12, 07:55
Hi socij

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

MazF
04-06-12, 10:39
Hi, Sian, you don't sound crazy at all, you sound like a sensitive caring person. Welcome to NMP, it's a great website with lovely people who will offer a kind word or support when you feel a bit down. We're all here for each other. Take care.

Pipkin
04-06-12, 17:39
Hi Sian and a warm :welcome:

I'm sure you'll find loads of members here who share your experience and that you'll find it comforting to see that you're not alone.

Take care and keep posting

Pip x

Hellington Boots
04-06-12, 19:26
Hi Sian,

It's hard to imagine getting better isn't it - im in the same boat as you on that one. So may people on here do recover though so there's reason to stay positive.

I'm having CBT too, only had 4 sessions so far but hoping for some improvement soon. Everyone says CBT is the most successful thing for anxiety. Lets take it a day at a time.

xxxx

socij
06-06-12, 10:42
Aw, I think I'm going to like this site. But yeah, I'm starting on my second CBT today and hope in the future I can live normally again. =] I'm iffy on my therapist though, she's really brand new and I'm her first ever patient. She also happens to live in the same complex as me, go figure. Thanks for the warm welcomes =]

Hellington Boots
06-06-12, 19:08
I guess we just have to trust the process, that's what my therapist always tells me. Sometimes while we're talking about things I wonder how this is going to help me but I do trust her and will keep going.

Good luck and take care.

xxx