PDA

View Full Version : Tired of Skipped Beats!

Itsallinmyhead416
05-06-12, 00:50
Hey everyone, haven't posted in a while...lately I've been dealing with a bout of skipped beats. Now I know deep down inside I'm fine because I've been dealing with this for some time now and I've had several EKG's, chest x-rays and one echocardiogram done. Aside from that, nothing else. I just can't get myself to believe I'm fine. Sometimes it feels like my heart will go crazy and skipped every 5 beats or so and then it'll go away and I won't notice it anymore. I just hate that fluttery feeling that gets into your throat and chest that makes you have to cough. I have a crazy fear that something is wrong with my heart and that it will all of sudden stop...I know its crazy...any thoughts?

CameronG
05-06-12, 01:07
Hey, hope I find you better than when you posted....

I too have this as do a lot of anxiety sufferers , the only thing I can say is to take faith in the medical professionals that you've seen this far, of they say your in good nick then rest assured you are

Xx

JT69
05-06-12, 17:20
Hello

I too suffer this...it comes and goes. I tend to find stress of some kind brings mine on. Its really strange. I had to smile to myself when I read your post and you mention about coughing etc as that is exactly how it makes me feel too.

Mine comes on and will come and go for days then disappear for months??? Strange. I have also had ecgs and chest x rays and all ok too!!

Hope you have settled again now.

You are not alone...and that should help comfort you.

TC
Jo.x

selphie
05-06-12, 21:54
i dont think we will ever be able to believe were ok when we get these dreaded ectopic beats even tho like you have had the tests were still going to always believe theres something wrong with our heart.
when we get them wondering if the normal rhythm is going to come back or if our hearts are just going to pack up.

i also get th feeling in the thrroat i think the best thing we can just do is stay calm and let it passxxx:)

Flying Badger
13-06-12, 02:31
My first post here in a couple of years, so I hope it's a useful one!

For a long time, the 'missed beats' were one of the most worrying things that would happen to me. Like yourself, I did not believe my GP or the doctors at A&E / the ER, despite having several ECG / EKG tests, as they never actually 'captured' one.

One of the first things I saw on this website was the article on palpitations, which explained things much better than any doctor had done previously. This helped a lot! I still get the missed beats, and there seems to be no predictable pattern to them - I can get them several times in quick succession, or go a few weeks without any. However, since reading that article (and as a result, learning more about what actually happens), they do not bother be anything like as much as they used to.

If you haven't done so already, I really do recommend reading the palpitations article on this site.

Cheers

Gary

saab
13-06-12, 19:43
The All Experts cardiology site is a great source of reassurance about 'missed' beats - they aren't missed really, it's just that the pause is fractionally longer because the previous beat came a little earlier than usual.

This is a typical answer:

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Heart-Cardiology-964/2009/9/Missed-Beats-Ectopic-Heartbeat.htm

- this cardiologist almost always says that 'missed beats' are no threat to life or health if you have had a ok ecg and echocardiogram. Anyone with new symptoms should get them checked out though, obviously.

I have been having a really good spell recently with few missed beats (most often have hundreds a day), then boom - had a big period of palpitations this afternoon. Felt depressed and anxious for a bit, but calming down now.

I often read the All Experts cardiology answers for reassurance. They don't think ectopics/pvc's are a big deal, especially if you don't have otehr symptoms.

Rubby
18-06-12, 11:59
I smiled when I read your post. So relieved that I am not alone in this, as you I have a normal heart and now I'm going to read about palpitacion.