PDA

View Full Version : sore neck muscles

chanebehanan
05-06-12, 08:12
Can flexing my neck a lot cause my entire neck area to be incredibly sore/strained feeling? I was posing in the mirror after an intense run (lol) and i was flexing my neck muscles, now the day after they are incredibly sore. Is that what is prob causing this or is it some stupid underlying symptom of anxiety.

Would like to say I've been doing sooo much better, and a big part of it is because of this site. This is really my first "HA" problem in months and im not even that worried about it. All of you are awesome! :yesyes:

imissnotworrying
05-06-12, 12:23
it would seem that with stress/anxiety any movement of muscles that haven't been used/moved in a while can cause muscle tension. on excercise websites it says muscle tension/soreness only happens if you're not moving/exercising correctly, but i swear it just happens anyway! i tried lifting really light weights with my arms before and after that they were sore and strained, also started jogging (again, lightly) and i got muscle tension/tightness all in my chest etc, so any use of muscles (that don't usually get used) can definitely make them sore/strained. it tends to mean they're inflammed and the body is healing them, i'm sure your neck will be better soon, it's good you remember doing it! my panic happens when i can't remember the cause so i start fearing its nothing ive done lol