PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram anyone!!???

keza
05-06-12, 09:04
Hi im new to this forum im suffering anxiety badly. I get panic attacks when my stomach is upset. I finally went to the doctor on friday and he gave me citalopram. Im on day four and feel hurrendous im shaking, high anxiety, no appetite, no sleep, sick to stomach, stomach churning and burning like crazy. Im now at a loss with what to do anymore cbt never worked and now these arnt i cant go on feeling like this for weeks or even days. I cant look after my one year old at the moment. Im only 7 stone as it is and im petite i cant afford to loose anymore weight. Anybody out there have an advice. Ive become agrophobic and am not well enough to leave the house. Feel like im going insane. Have been taking 10mgs.

eternally optimistic
05-06-12, 09:29
Morning Keza

I started on that amount, and although not the highest level of mgs to take it did make me worse before it got better.

I did lose appetite and was more anxious BUT, BUT, BUT, did do me loads of good in the end and really rested me as I was always so uptight before I took them that something needed to be done.

I dont want to put you off taking the tabs but, another week or so and you should settle down, if not before. EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT.

All I can say is that the first time I took the tabs, it made me be able to see things in the real world and made a big difference to me.

Take care.

wlizzie
05-06-12, 09:46
hi sorry ur feeling so rough but it honestly does get better i started on 20mg and had everything you describe and more but within two weeks i could cope with the side effects although they were still there, around four weeks the side effects subsided alot and at six weeks i really started to feel better.
Everyone reacts differently but these are not a quick fix ,four days is not long to have any effect.
Stick with it if you can and maybe you use some of those drinks to help keep ur weight up.
Good luck :D

Hellington Boots
06-06-12, 23:54
Hi Keza,

All I can say is, this time last week I was exactly where you are now - on day four of Citalopram and every minute of the day was hell. I spent most of my time thinking, "i cant go on like this", feeling and being sick, continuous shaking, even more panic, sleep disturbances, headaches - you name it I had it. I had to take time off work and seriously wondered how anyone carries on with their life whilst on this drug.

I'm now on day 10 and starting to feel much better, the side effects are easing, or perhaps im more used to them - but either way I feel much better. I'm calmer and sleeping better, less anxious and hopefully they might be starting to take some effect. I am only on 10mg daily and so am going to see how i go on and then perhaps up the dosage. So what I am saying is if you can stick with it then do, because after the first week it does get easier. If you cant then im sure you could try something else, but really most things take a couple of weeks to settle down.

Hang in there and I really hope it gets easier for you.

xxxx

Leeh
24-06-12, 19:06
Hi

Was on this five years ago and like now I am on sertraline the first 14 days are always bad. Everything feels worse and you want to crawl into bed. If you can ride it out it will be worth it.

Good luck and take care

:shrug::yesyes: