PDA

View Full Version : hi

blue_haired_devil
05-06-12, 12:15
Hi,

I registered here a long time ago but it has been many years since I posted. I have experiencing terrible panic at the moment, nearly constant from waking to sleeping. I take no end of medication but nothing seems to be touching it. I feel so hopeless right now and can see no end to this awfulness. Eating is hard as every mouthful I feel I want to be sick, my stomach churns all the time and my breathing is often shallow and difficult. I've tried relaxation mp3s and although they've helped a little in the past they just don't seem to be cutting it today.

Thanks for listening.

nomorepanic
05-06-12, 12:29
Hi blue_haired_devil

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

BobbyDog
05-06-12, 12:59
I am so sorry you are in such a bad place at the moment, I feel for you as I have been there many times before and can totally relate to the symptoms you are experiencing.
It may not feel like it at the moment, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Warm welcome and I hope this website soothes a little as it has done for me:hugs:

blue_haired_devil
05-06-12, 16:59
Thanks BobbyDog. I know I've been here before but right now it seems so bleak. I am struggling to breath atm and finding it hard to focus on positive things and to stay afloat.

BobbyDog
05-06-12, 19:02
Thanks BobbyDog. I know I've been here before but right now it seems so bleak. I am struggling to breath atm and finding it hard to focus on positive things and to stay afloat.

I know it is difficult when your panic is so bad, but try distraction, cleaning, washing up, walking, anything to take your mind away from your anxiety.
I have the TV on all the time for background noise and play Bubble games on Facebook, I am not very good at is as my concentration is very poor at the moment, but it slows urge to hyperventilate.

blue_haired_devil
06-06-12, 10:58
I also tend to have the tv on all the time and try and play games, but the panic is always there, waiting for me. Finding it really hard at the moment as there seems to be no end in sight.